Chapter 39: The Rescue [P2]

"Jungkook?" A familiar voice asked from the other end. Jungkook sighed a bit in relief that they had picked up their phone.

"Oceana, it's me. We have a problem," Jungkook spoke nervously. The members all looked at him in surprise. Yoongi didn't seem as surprised since he had previously suggested the idea of contacting the sirens.

"Jungkook, put it on speaker, so we can all hear," Yoongi whispered as he poked at Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook nodded as he pressed the speaker button and placed his phone on the coffee table.

"Ok? What is it?" Oceana asked seeming confused. The members glanced at each other nervously.

"Ok, so don't freak out, but... Y/N got... kidnapped...," Jimin started with an anxious look spread across his face. The other end was silent for a moment before a loud sigh rang out.

"I was going to ask if you were kidding, but I don't think you guys are ones to kid about things like this," Oceana spoke in a serious tone, "Who kidnapped her?"

"Um... a scientist," Taehyung said simply. There was another pause for a moment before the sound of a glass or a mug crashing against a floor sounded out making the members all glance nervously at each other.

"WHAT?!" Oceana asked in pure and utter disbelief, her voice loud and almost shrieking into the phone. The members all grimaced and groaned as their covered their ears and moved away from the phone. They could hear Oceana mostly talking to herself, but her voice was loud and panicked.

"Oceana?" Jungkook asked concerned as he stepped closer to his phone.

"Don't-! I need to think this through and I need to think about how I'm going to tell the pod about this..!" Oceana snapped in anger as the sound of her pacing back and forth could be heard through the phone. The members sat there nervously.

"Do you um... do you think that they'll help?" Yoongi asked unsure of what to say. There was another brief pause before a sigh could be heard.

"Of course they will. If there's a scientist involved than the pod will always help. Frankly speaking though, it's not necessarily because they care about Y/N. It's mostly because they care about their existence being discovered," Oceana explained shortly as she sighed again. The members sighed in relief to know that the sirens would come help, but they also frowned at hearing that the sirens would only come help because they would be worried about their existence going out into the open and not because they would be worried about Y/N. Still, help from the sirens would allow them a better chance at rescuing her, so they decided not to complain.

"How soon can you and the sirens get here?" Namjoon asked curiously as he stared off with a thoughtful expression.

"Hm.., probably in a few hours," Oceana answered, her voice not hiding her uncertainty. The members looked worried. In those few hours, Dr. Kai could do so much with Y/N. They didn't have a few hours to spare, but they knew that they would have to wait until the sirens got there in order to try anything in terms of a rescue mission.

"Ok, we'll be waiting," Jungkook replied with a small nod. It was silent for a moment before Oceana started grumbling.

"I swear... I'm going to kill that scientist...," she voiced with venom laced in as the sound of her hand slamming down on a table created a large THUMP sound. The members nodded in agreement with her. "And then I'm going to kill you guys for letting Y/N get kidnapped by that scientist..!"

Upon hearing that, the members' eyes widened in terror just as she hang up the phone. The members sat in silence as they stared at Jungkook's phone in worry. It was good that they would have an advantage when rescuing Y/N, but now they worried about what the sirens would do to them.