C3

“No! She smiled after looking at me!” 

Lucius ignored Robert’s insistence and continued to look at Calliope. When their eyes met, she smiled at him. At her smile, his lips also curled up. 

“Young Masters, if you yell in that way, the miss will be frightened.”

Calliope’s nanny spoke as she entered the room. Robert covered his mouth with his hands and looked over at the baby. At his actions, her nanny secretly laughed. To see the usually rambunctious and disobedient second younger master quieting down to quickly, what a sight. 

“Let’s go have some numnum, Miss.” 

The nanny picked up Calliope and left the room. 

The countess had wished to breastfeed the baby herself. This was an extremely rare case amongst aristocratic families. The two brothers closely followed the nanny as she walked to the countess’s office. Afraid that they might upset the infant, they carefully watched their footsteps as they walked quietly. 

Nevermind the always quiet firstborn, the change in the second son was astonishing. The servants widened their eyes as they saw the two silently walk by, amazed at the lack of noise and mischief. Their youngest master was usually unstoppable in his antics, no matter how much the count scolded his second son. 

“Ah, our Lippe’s here. Your brothers came with you too?”

The countess looked up from her documents, and stood up from her seat to carry Calliope. She worried about her daughter, who didn’t make a peep about being hungry, but it was a relief that she ate well.

After breastfeeding her, the countess began to pat Calliope on the back. But Calliope tried to hold it in. 

‘No! Don’t wanna, don’t wanna.’

But a response was already beginning to form. Her eyes started to tear up. 

“It always takes awhile to come out.”

“Yes, it is worrisome that it takes a while, since it might indicate a weak digestive system,” her nanny chimed in. 

‘No no, not like this.’

Calliope shook her head. But even though she did, all it did was press her cute, chubby cheeks against her mother’s shoulder. Calliope tried to hold it back once more, but her mother’s embrace was warm, and the sensation was spreading throughout her body thanks to her mother’s touch. 

In the end, surrendered.

“She burped!” Robert shouted loudly, and Calliope’s face burned with embarrassment. 

“She smells like milk! It’s sooo cute!”

He continued to comment on the side “cute, cute, cute, cute,” and Calliope only felt further ashamed. She had disgracefully burped, but to then be praised for it as “cute.” It was worth a lifetime of embarrassment. 

Unaware of her inner thoughts, her mother smiled and looked at her second son with a pleased expression. 

“Do you really like Calliope that much Robel?”