C4

‘I can’t just give up at this point.’

Calliope couldn’t succumb to her body’s limits here. No matter how heavy her head was, how heavy could it actually be. Plus, she’d overcome this before in her previous life. 

She paused to catch her breath. Air seeped out of her mouth as she breathed deeply. Hearing the sounds Calliope was making, her nanny approached her to check in on her. Calliope held up a fist in approval. Rather than doing things alone, she would feel more motivated with someone cheering her on. 

‘Let’s do this. Nanny’s cheering me on.’

“Our miss must be getting sleepy.”

The baby was taking deep breaths as if ready to go into deep sleep. The nanny began to pat Calliope’s belly. Calliope felt the strength in her body disappear. Her strength breathing exercises became muddled. Everything she had mustered had been effectively cut off in one stroke. 

“Auu……”

Sad. There seemed to be no one who could understand the intense fight she was having. Life was miserable. 

A small hand tried to push away the nanny’s hand. 

“Oh my?”

Seeing the usually obedient youngest miss expressing her dislike for the first time, the nanny was surprised and withdrew her hand. She had never seen the miss’s face, plump like a dumpling, with such an expression of disapproval.

“I wonder why she’s like this.”

Calliope avoided the nanny’s coaxing hands, shaking her head side to side. 

‘I can’t surrender to my sleepiness. There’s that saying that one must overcome ordeals with one’s efforts.’

Though her nanny didn’t mean to hinder her efforts, life was always one to throw all kinds of unexpected obstacles at any given moment. Calliope raised her arms once more in another attempt.

“Oh my, Miss!”

Her nanny hands trembled with anticipation as she realized what Calliope had set out to do. When she had flipped herself about halfway, she took in a deep breath. Up to this halfway point, it was pretty easy. The real battle started now. 

Calliope seriously turned her head as she continued to try to flip over. Of course, her head didn’t turn around that well. But she didn’t give up. 

‘I can’t let it go here. I need to do this to protect my family…!”

She flapped her short arms and legs, and her body rolled back and forth like a roly poly. 

“Just a little bit more, Miss! You’re almost there!”

“Uwau!”

As she received her nanny’s encouragement, Calliope let out a shout and pushed herself to flip over with the last of her strength. 

“Oh my goodness! Miss!”

It was a success. Calliope caught her breath again.