Chapter 29

Dylan was strolling near the castle's town market, whistling some tunes. The sun was up bright and townsfolk people from various walks of life going about with their daily lives.

It was reaching noon, but the crowd was not settling any sooner. In fact, reaching lunch time, men and women who were working since the early hours had come out to find some things to fill their stomachs. Food merchants and hawkers began preparing for the next batches of incoming customers that would flock their stalls.

Dylan noticed the upscale restaurants and cafes were gradually being graced by their noble patrons.

Not that he intended to dine there. If he wanted something fancy, he would've stayed back at the castle and accepted whatever the Silverstorm's servants served him, poisoned or not. He could die happily enjoying his meals with the royal delicacies served here.

But alas, he was not planning to hold himself up in the castle that long. Especially, when they still had training under Scarlet this evening. He sighed at the thought.

His body was still sore from the intense training course they endured yesterday but they were slowly recovering.

He walked further away from the outer castle area and found himself entering his usual tavern spot. The area was less crowded with nobilities and filled more with the commoners here.

Also, commoner maidens with their natural beauty on displays serving people here were added benefits for Dylan, unlike the caked-face maidens strung up by their noble mothers. But he still didn't want to reveal himself too much, he kept his robe wrapped and scarf covered his mouth and nose.

And besides, he could try to find gossips about the Kingdom or the nobles here. But the last time he went here, he only heard about who the lucky farmer boy who got married to which pretty maiden in which village. Should he consider making small talks with the noble young ladies uptown?

"What would you have, milord?" a young lady server approached him, waiting for his order.

He glanced up at her profile.

Strands of hair peeped through her headscarf, face and neck glistened from the heat of the crowd and kitchen, sleeves rolled up, apron stained, her dress colour fading showing the many times used and washed.

But her features, her blue eyes and that subtle dark kohl she underlined on her eyelids.

He wondered who she was trying to impress.

"Milady, if I could have the pleasure of your time, would you mind showing me around this town? I am merely a traveler, sightseeing the wonders of the Kingdom".

The young lady servant covered her mouth to contain her chuckle. "My, I would have to seek my father's permission, I'm sure you would like something to drink sir?" still carrying out her duty as server.

Hearing the word 'father', he understood the notion to back down. "Well, give me what's best in the house".

And the young lady nodded, scribbled his order and went away, leaving him bored.

"Pardon me, is that you, your Highness? Prince Dylan?"

An old voice startled him. Who knew who he was?

He turned around frantically and felt relieved at the sight of the owner of the voice.

It was the elder head maid, Martha.

"Ma'am", Dylan nodded curtly with a whisper. Lucky no one was close enough to hear Martha's call upon him.

"Mind if I take a seat at your table?"