Chapter 9

Nighttime was fast approaching, and Scarlet was looking forward for dinner, after her system emptied out almost everything she consumed during the day. And thankfully, James' sauce somehow eased the nauseating feeling she had from the poison-infused glove invented by Brie. Her mood somewhat improved. She had a read on his reaction to gauge which food was tainted or not. And it seemed the broth was safe. She would have drink it herself if she'd known otherwise. She would have never let Fina be harmed, especially not in her presence. Then a small idea came to her.

James would be so useful to her.

As she walked along the castle's corridor, while she read further the report prepared by Lydia just now, a Private-ranked warrior approached her, bearing instruction by the Princess to convene to her throne room.

She heeded, while wondering the reason. Maybe she would like to discuss the outcome of today's training with the men. Or she would like to know Scarlet's personal opinion on each of these men. While she expressed distaste in almost every men Fina had eyes for, she would never berate these men unjustly.

Pompous, spoiled child, idiots and annoying were considered some of the mild names she described the men to Fina.

And besides, she only knew one thing what Fina would be doing tonight. Did she call Scarlet to get her to observe as well? After all, tonight they would decide the fate of Prince Ronald from the Ire Kingdom.

As Scarlet pushed the heavy throne door to let herself in, she caught sight of Ronald, whose face had become so gray. She wondered if it was because of the pain from the operation just now or the verdict that would befall him soon.

But someone else in the room caught her eyes. Been forced to kneel besides Ronald was Dylan as well.

He noticed her presence, but his head was forced down.

On the throne graced the current Ruler and the future Ruler, King Elias and Princess Fina.

Scarlet was a bit puzzled of this arrangement. She turned to Fina for some explanation. But Fina merely smiled briefly at her and began.

"Tonight, you will be tried for attempting to harm the Royal Captain Scarlet in today's event", Fina suddenly announced, which surprised Scarlet.

Ronald looked hollow. But Dylan was definitely alarmed. He would die in his mother's hand before anyone could kill him if he got into this trouble. Therefore, he needed to save himself.

"B-but, Your Highness, I bear no ill-will when I spar with Captain Scarlet. I was assigned to duel with her".

Scarlet perked up at this acting he put on.

Ill-will my arse, thought Scarlet. From standing there perplexed at Fina's words, Scarlet leaned against a pillar and crossed her arms, amused at how Dylan attempted to escape from this.

"Witnesses told me it looked as though you colluded with Prince Ronald here to harm the Captain".

Dylan cursed inwardly. He managed a glance at Scarlet who was watching him. Did she tell on him to the Princess? Like a typical pampered lady. He wanted to scoff. And then, there was also the consideration of the group of her men who was protective of her.

It was his mistake. The opportunity he saw that morning had become a chance for this Kingdom to crush him. Easily.

That Scar girl had so much backups. It was almost annoying. Who was she to be treated with this highest respect? What do people see in her for her to obtain these influences?

"I merely attacked because I thought we were supposed to duel with each other. I did not know that Prince Ronald here had other intention asides from sparring", Dylan tried to use his diplomatic persona.