Chapter 25

"Well" Fina cleared her throat, steeling her expression. "Then there's no need for me to ramble further. Let's enjoy the next course, shall we?" The question was just a formality. She didn't bother waiting for anyone's answers and nodded to their servers to bring out the next dish.

Hearing that, Scarlet turned away and watched as her bowl was lifted and the next plate of dish was served in front of her. She continued finishing her food.

Frederick felt the heaviness in the air. It was always there, he had always felt it, every time she and him sat or stood close.

He was unsure what to say. Should he say something in the first place?

Then his food was served out. And he chose to focus his attention on that.

All the while, Scarlet was thinking, deeply wished that Frederick was not Collins' pawns. She didn't consider his return to the Kingdom was this soon. No, she did contemplate that.

Even wondered. She pushed down that thought further into the back of her heart. She took a mouthful of food in her spoon. And swallowed them down.

But it was Collins who beaten her to it. Getting his son to dine with Fina and the suitors like this. It gave him easy access to extract information to his advantage!

Of course, the other Captains and Generals could not intervene her tasks but non-Warriors, the civilians, the Kingdom's people themselves had all the chances to influence these suitors, and Frederick was a variable she needed to find the constant. To identify his stands, his influences and his goals.

Especially when Collins so easily offered his own son to Fina, almost insulting the Battle Royale event she and Fina initiated.

Ah the thought fumed back her anger, she didn't realise that she was stabbing the steak that the fork broke through and cracked the plate.

"Um, Captain Scarlet", until Mason brought her back to attention.

"Have you mingled with other ladies in this Kingdom, outside this palace?" Dylan kept his voice low as he tried to talk with Jakel, while savouring the tender roasted meat in his mouth.

The Silverstorm's palate was sure divine!

And maybe the beverage in his goblet was making him this chatty.

"The ladies here are sure something, I tell you".

Jakel who was aware that Captain Scarlet was merely a few feets apart from them, only responded, "I see", and cut his steak, eyes looking down on his plate.

Then something flew pass between them, and landed on the chair, few inches away from Dylan's left ear.

A fork was stuck there.

Jakel and Dylan's eyes were wide, horrified. But realizing it was from Scarlet, Dylan scowled.

"Not all..."

Scarlet only raised an eyebrow at him.

"Nice aim!" Brie said across, turning the heads of the other suitors and the rest.

Lance whistled.

But Frederick almost gaped. Scarlet noticed his stare and quickly said, "Don't you lecture me".

And for a moment, Lance noticed the exchange. Maybe she wasn't really lonely training under Collins. And maybe he could have a few short chats with Frederick.

It would be good to understand where he stood between all of these.

After he discontinued his training in the academy, he transferred to the institute to pursue scholarly studies. And he had always been on travels and envoys meeting and bringing relationships and knowledges.