The Rescue Mission!!

Cytus was flung to a wall and, while wincing, slowly slid down. Colonel dashed towards her and extended his sword towards Cytus, who barely dodged by rolling away.

Cytus: Missed me!

Colonel: I don't miss.

He then kicked Cytus to his desk. She tripped and fell to the other side of it.

Colonel: Intruders will be eliminated!

Cytus coughed out some blood and grinned.

Cytus: Your sister would be sad if I was to die by you...

Colonel was in the middle of his attack but stopped after what Cytus said.

Colonel: What was that about my sister?

Cytus: Iris, was it? She is such a sweet and nice girl. To bad she was also naïve too. She was hurt with no one to help her so I had to do something. Of course, being healed comes with a price.

Cytus took out a cylinder tube with a red button on top, and her signature needle.

Cytus: One press and my colleagues will destroy everything here, and they won't have any mercy. Although, if you were to inject yourself with this vaccine then maybe I won't hurt you guys. What do you say?

Colonel grabbed Cytus by the collar.

Colonel: What do I say? I say that you're trying to toy with me. I bet that button is just a lousy excuse of a--

Colonel felt the needle penetrate his arm. He angrily looked at Cytus who was widely grinning.

Cytus: You fell for my trap! Now you get to be another subject!

She pulled the needle out and before Colonel could grab her again, she teleported out.

================================

After destroying Split Mushroom, X continued on. For some reason the mission felt like it was taking much longer than usual. He guessed it was just because he was fighting Mavericks he never battled before and it just felt like the same thing. Eventually, X could see the city in the distance by now. He let out a sigh of relief knowing he was getting closer to solving this. But before he could pick up his pace towards the city, he heard loud foot steps coming his way. X readied himself for whatever was next. Then, Frost Walrus came bursting out of a deeper part of the forest. X jumped out of the way of the charge and readied his Buster Shot. But before X could do anything, Walrus launched one of his icicles, freezing X. However, as X watched Frost Walrus walking toward him with a giant icicle, he saw an opportunity. As X was drawn into point blank range, he activated the Buster Shot. The electricity prevented Walrus from doing anymore damage. As soon as he shot himself free, he launched another Buster Shot. The electricity shot toward Walrus, practically tearing through him. X switched back to his hand and carried on.

After a fight with a Storm Owl, X tried to keep going but he was having much more trouble. He was damaged during his fight with the Mavericks, but not badly enough to warrant his current state. He felt sick, exhausted, like he was being sapped of his will to go on. He hoped this mission would be over soon.

Zero was dropped in the same place X was and hit the ground running. He took off from where he landed hoping he guessed the right direction to go in. He ran into forest and started frantically search for X, calling his name and trying to contact him. After what felt like an eternity of searching he heard X's voice respond to him from a distance.

X: Zero?

X turned around and made eye contact with him. Zero ran over to where X was and immediately noticed the battle scarring on his armor. Relief turned to concern.