To the Space Port! Colonel's Demise!!

Double: The Repliforce has begun assembling!

X: Where are they?

Double: The space port! They plan to take off into space.

Zero: Hurry! We have to stop the Colonel!

Iris: No! ... Please wait, Zero! I don't want to see you two fight...

Zero: Someone has to stop your brother. I'm leaving...

==============================

Zero encounters Colonel as he rushes to the Space Port.

Zero: I don't want to fight. Step back.

Colonel: I'm sorry. I can't let you through...

Zero: Iris will be sad if she looses you...

Colonel: Don't be so presumptuous Zero! Save it until after you've defeated me!

Colonel starts off by slashing a wave of thunder at Zero. Zero retaliates by slashing at the incoming attack which faded away. Once the thunder was gone, so was Colonel as Zero looked around. Zero readied himself for whatever was next. Colonel teleported out of nowhere and tried to slash at Zero, but he was quick to dodge as he jumped out of the way and sent a few slashes at Colonel. Colonel winced in pain as he backed up a bit. Zero ran towards Colonel as he saw him vulnerable to hit, but before he could do anything, Colonel made a "tsk" noise and threw his sword at Zero. Zero yelled in pain as he was sent flying to the wall. He stood up and tried to make a defensive stance, Colonel's sword, that was lodged into him, began to glow very bright. Before Zero could do anything, it exploded. The explosion left Zero in a grave state, almost to the point where he couldn't move. Colonel lifted his arm as another sword fell into his hands.

Colonel: You may have won our first match, but you will never be as strong!

Zero: That's where you're wrong...

Colonel: Curse you, Zero!

Everything seemed to be in slow motion to Zero but the sword that was coming towards him was close. And then...

*Bang!*

The sword that almost hit Zero disappeared to thin air as Colonel's body landed on the ground with a loud crush sound. Zero force himself in a seating position to catch his breath before standing again on his feet. While looking at his defeated enemy, Colonel weakly opened his eyes to Zero.

Colonel: ... Impressive, Zero. ... But it's too late!

Zero: What!?

Colonel: We've been infected! Repliforce has left for the space! Repliforce will build a new life!

Zero: ...Colonel.

Colonel: ... Zero, tell Iris that her brother died happily! ... Good bye, Zero!

Zero: COLONEL!!!

From the monitor, Iris saw the whole thing. Zero just killed her dear older brother. She turned and went for the door as the rest of Hunter HQ cheered. Iris didn't want anything to do with the Maverick Hunters anymore.

===========================

General: Keep firing!

A Reploid Commando shouted. Laser shots can be heard throughout the battlefield. Under the command of General, they have fought off an army of Maverick's that was attacking the settlement of civilians refugees. The deflector shield has been up, protecting the people from the Vaccine, and not to mention the attacks. Each hit could be heard like a sonic boom.

Cytus looked down below to survey the ruined battlefield as she is piloting her boost boots then returned her focus on the cloudy sky, her expression mixed. Though Cytus is eager for some action in the skies it didn't feel right. How is it that an army of scrap monsters, defected Mavericks soldiers and large number of heavily armored mechaniloids chooses to attack this refugees settlement? What do they have to gain? Cytus dread not to think about it because part of her wanted to believe what Colonel said about her old project is wrong.

Hunter: You say something, Captain?

Cytus: I said its frustrating with all those damn Mavericks running around our turf! Let's wrap this up!

Her Squadron Units dive bomb the remaining Mavericks Mechs. Along with the Skiver Air Unit.

The Hunters and National guard members cheered as the remains of enemy forces destroyed by the air bombardment.

Five minutes later

Cytus slouch on her chair, in her room. She rest her cross legs on the table while she closed her eyes in deep in thought. Thinking about her report and a written statement for the press. It was a tiring job to be an undercover hunter. She was about to take a sip of her Coffee before the General showed up to her tent.

General: As you were.

He said while he raised his hand.

Cytus: I haven't even saluted— whoa!

Cytus blinked as she fell on her butt which promoted the General to laugh. Cytus garbed her desk with one hand while she got back up and gave the General a glare.

Cytus: Not funny sir...

General: Do forgive, I just came here to congratulate you and your squad.

Cytus: Um, don't mention it sir but I'm sure its not the reason your here, is it?

General: The Professor wanted me to give you this.

Cytus: A medal? And here I thought its something important. Though I... do appreciate the gesture non the less, sir.

General: Well your still part of the military, even though Maverick Hunters are no match to Repliforce, we been given medals to you new friends Dynamo and Gate as well.

Cytus: Speaking of Gate, how is he?

The General rise a brow.

Cytus: If you don't mine me asking, sir.

General: My scouts have been checking up on your comrade at the hanger. So far Gate hasn't done anything I would worry about.

This seems to give Russ hope.

Cytus: Maybe he's getting used to the Vaccine. Most of my kind wouldn't last that long.

General: I would advise caution; powerful Reploids like him don't break down in minutes like the others.

Cytus: But, Sir, some Reploids do recover, even the stronger ones.

The General sighed.

General: One can hope.

He headed towards the exit.

General: If you wish to speak with your friend you're more than welcome.

Russ's eyes widen in surprise. The General chuckled.

General: Fun Fact: Not all Reploids are contagious once they got the Vaccine so its perfectly safe.

Cytus: What? But his men told me— ugh! Why am I not surprised?

She remembered Gate being a bit paranoid, especially around Dynamo. At lest to her, Gate haven't change a bit. Cytus will pay him a little visit after she finish her report and, of course, talk to the press.