CHAPTER 4

Ashley went white as a sheet. If Ronald agrees to ties the knot with Sarah, her whole scheme goes down the drain.

"Sarah, spill it out first," demanded Ronald's mother, Julia abruptly, but Sarah brushed off Julia's interruption and directed her attention to Ronald.

"Quit stalling, let me know if you love me, because this isn't love. Ronald, if your love is real, you would've waited for me instead of rushing into marriage with Ashley."

The entire situation left Ronald with a tumult of emotions, now veering into frustration.

"I tied the knot with Ashley to save her life. After you ran off from your marriage, everyone pointed fingers at Ashley, and she was on the brink of committing suicide."

Having seen all of Ashley's cards, Sarah's interest has waned, and she's lost her patience.

"So, what's your demand now?" Sarah quipped sarcastically.

Sarah's apathetic stance, despite Ronald's plea for help, only intensified his frustration.

"I demand an explanation. Why did you pull this off?"

Ronald lost his temper, yelling, but Sarah was unswayed by his anger, her own irritation growing.

"I didn't do anything. If you put your faith in your so-called Ashley and seek answers from me, go ahead, marry her. If you genuinely love me, then accept me as I am."

Sarah let out a piercing scream, overwhelmed by stress. Her head spun, and she stumbled, only to be steadied by Stefan.

"Ron, have you lost your mind? Can't you see she's injured? Is this your version of love?" Stefan reprimanded Ronald.

"Quite the talk coming from a cheater, now playing advocate for another deceiver."

Having had enough of the melodrama, Sarah turned on her heels and strode back to her house without uttering a word. Laura, Evelyn, and Stefan trailed behind her, entering the house.

Ronald stood in shock, utterly surprised by her behavior, rooted to the spot. Suddenly, a chorus of voices from different people overwhelmed his senses.

"Ronald, put her out of your mind and go ahead with your marriage to Ashley," Julia advised.

"Ronald, you're making a grave error marrying Ashley," cautioned Stefan's mother, Amy.

"Ronald, you can't pull this on my granddaughter. You led her down the aisle; you can't back out now," asserted Ashley's grandmother.

"No, Ronald, marry Sarah now that she's back. Let go of whatever happened and find it in yourself to forgive her," implored Ashley, tears streaming down her innocent eyes.

"No, don't inflict this on my daughter. Don't shatter this marriage because of Sarah's actions," pleaded Sebastian.

Ronald grappled with confusion, frustration, and a growing sense of insanity as he tried to decide what to do.

"Whatever you decide, I'm by your side," reassured a supportive voice.

Ronald's eyes darted between the path Sarah had taken, his persuading family, and Ashley, tears welling up in her eyes. In that decisive moment, he took action, grasping Ashley's wrist, and headed towards the stage.

"Let the ceremony begin," Ronald declared to the host.

Sarah sat in silence, absorbing every voice from the community garden, lost in her thoughts.

"Why aren't you stopping Ronald? He's about to make a mistake," Stefan implored.

"He already made the mistake of choosing Ashley over me. Now, it's his life, and I won't intervene any further," Sarah responded with resolve.

"Why did you allow Ashley to triumph? She's the one at fault."

Stefan's anxiety overshadowed Sarah's composure.

"Sarah, Stefan has a point. How could you let her snatch away your love?" Sarah's grandmother inquired.

"Stefan, it's not about letting Ashley win; she committed a crime when she tried to harm me. I will ensure she faces consequences soon. And, grandmother, she didn't steal my love. Love without trust can never build a healthy relationship."

Amy Walter, Stefan's mother, entered Smith's house, catching wind of the entire conversation. Her decision to back out of the marriage added another layer to the unfolding drama.

"Sarah, Ashley played her fake cry drama and turned the entire family against you before marrying Ronald," Amy informed.

"Ashley will face the consequences for betraying me. I'm not one to be lenient to anybody. Ronald and Ashley won't find happiness in this marriage and I will make sure of it."

Sarah smirked, her thoughts causing a shock that left everyone puzzled. The reason behind her enigmatic smirk eluded them all.

"What's your game, what are you up to?" Stefan inquired.

"Why does it concern you? You should be thrilled – your revenge is accomplished, after all," Sarah taunted deliberately, causing both Stefan and Amy to bow their heads in embarrassment.

"I acknowledge, Sarah, this is all on me. I set the whole game in motion, and I'm not asking for your forgiveness. You have every right to take action."

"Punishing you won't solve anything, but if you genuinely regret it, lend me your support in my quest for revenge."

"Tell me, how can I be of assistance."

Sarah proceeds to lay out her plan, stunning everyone, and met with unanimous disagreement.

"Stefan, if you're willing to join forces, you've heard my proposal, right? Aunt Amy, I know Stefan's revelation might complicate his acceptance into the Walter clan. But, if you wish for everyone to embrace him, support our cause. I assure you, not just forgiveness, but a happy acceptance from the entire family."

Sarah's assurance is delivered with confidence, showcasing her cunning approach.

"I erred in trusting Ashley, but now I'll assist you in rectifying my mistake."

"I'm on board to help, but this isn't the right approach. It's a significant decision for your entire life. How will you..."

Stefan's words were cut off by Sarah.

"At the moment, I can't contemplate my life."

"But I won't let you go down this path. I can't stand by and watch you destroy your life for the sake of revenge."

Laura's tone was firm, and Sarah's eyes welled up with tears.

"My supposed sister's betrayal has already wreaked havoc in my life, and my so-called lover's distrust has left me broken inside. Despite that, I'm mustering the courage to prove them wrong, and I need your support, Mom. Please understand me."

Sarah clasped Laura's hand, seeking understanding.

"To expose Ashley and make her face consequences, you can reveal the truth about what she did to you. I'm ready to take responsibility for my actions," Stefan suggested.

"Do you truly believe that Ronald will choose to believe me over Ashley now? And even if he does, can you assure me that he won't lose trust in me again in the future?"

Sarah was correct; a future with a man like Ronald seemed bleak.

"If you've decided to move on from Ronald, why pursue revenge?" Sarah's grandmother questioned.

"To teach them a lesson. Ronald and Ashley had no right to play with my life. Ronald can't claim to love me if he can't trust me, and Ashley had no right to manipulate me into Ronald's arms just to have him for herself."

"As her elaborate plans fell apart, she resorted to trying to end my life. I never intended to be the unwanted third party, but they dragged me into their chaos. Now that they're married, I won't let them enjoy peace. I'll infiltrate their lives like a slow-acting poison."