CHAPTER 6

"Stop lying. My Ashley couldn't do anything like that. She is pure and innocent and you are a characterless girl. I am ashamed of calling you, my daughter." Sebastian said with disdain.

Sarah felt the pain in her heart. He is her so-called dad, who never bother about her, since birth.

"What is she, prove it in the court."

Sarah concealed her painful face and said ruthlessly.

"Andrew, listen, stop all this drama, and ask Sarah not to file a police complaint. If the police will arrest Amy, Stefan then the entire Walters clan will be the laughingstock in front of the entire city after all they are part of the Walters clan and now Ashley is also our daughter-in-law, we couldn't let her arrested by police."

Julia whispers to Andrew and he nods his head thoughtfully. The rich and elite people couldn't afford their names to be dragged into a lawsuit.

"Enough, Sarah. Don't blame my family for your mistakes. You despicable liar," Julia said with rage.

"Your family took everything from me. Now it's their turn to give it back with tenfold. If you're so sure they're innocent, prove it in court."

"No, my Ashley is innocent. I can't vouch for Amy and Stefan, but Ashley is not involved in anything," the old lady insisted anxiously.

"I'll be a witness against her; Ashley was part of what we did. She was our accomplice in every deeds," Stefan stated earnestly.

"Count me in too, even I will testify. If my son and I face arrest, Ashley won't get away with it," Amy warned.

Anxiety spread through the Walter clan; Ashley's face drained of color, tears streaming down her cheeks. Sarah felt a sense of satisfaction, achieving her goal of instilling fear.

"Who are Stefan, Ashley, and Amy?" the police inquired as they arrived. Sarah pointed at the three individuals. Overwhelmed, Ashley began sobbing intensely at the sight of the approaching police.

"Dad, Ronald, come on, I swear I didn't do anything!" Ashley besseched.

"Officer, you can't nab her without any proof," Ronald backed up Ashley.

"Don't give me a legal lecture on the law. I got a complaint; I gotta cuff her," the officer said, unfazed by objections.

"Brother Andrew, please, I can't bear to see my family suffer. Just got my son back after years; I can't let my wife and son end up in jail," Daniel, Stefan's father, appealed.

"Come on, do something, Andrew. Don't let them get locked up," Julia urged.

Chaos consumed the Walters clan as the threat of arrest loomed over three family members, and they urgently implored Andrew Walter, the clan head, to prevent it at any cost.

"Officer, is there any chance we can help them?" Andrew inquired with the police officer.

The officer pondered the situation. Despite the complaint against the Walters, he had to address Old Master Walter respectfully due to his influence in the city.

"The case can be dismissed only if Miss Sarah pulls back her complaint."

Andrew nodded, making his way toward Sarah's mother and grandmother.

"Miss Laura, Mrs. Smith, please persuade Sarah that the lawsuit won't bring her anything. It was her own error when she eloped from her marriage."

"My daughter didn't run away from her marriage; it was Ashley who set a trap against her. If Sarah claims Ashley tried to do her harm, you can bet it's true. My Sarah doesn't spin yarns," Laura asserted.