CHAPTER 9

"Now that everything has concluded, it's been a rather lengthy day for everyone. Please return to your rooms and get some rest. Mrs. Walter, kindly ensure the arrangements are in order for the new brides and bridal chambers," Andrew conveyed, and his clan respectfully complied with bowed heads.

"Got it," Julia acknowledged.

"Hold on, everyone. I have a new ritual to initiate, starting today," Stefan announced, grabbing everyone's attention.

"What was that?" echoed the unanimous response from the crowd.

"As you can see, my newly wedded bride is injured. Henceforth, I propose a new tradition in the Walters clan - the groom shall carry his bride to the bridal chamber," Stefan declared, swiftly scooping up Sarah into his arms before she resist.

"What do you think, big uncle?" Stefan shed to Andrew with a cheeky grin.

Ever since Stefan was young, he had a closer bond with his big uncle than with his father. Unfortunately, recent misunderstandings created a rift, and now he was determined to mend the bridge.

Today, Andrew beamed with pride at Stefan, swiftly aligning himself with a smile. "No doubt, romance runs deep in the Walters' veins," he acknowledged.

"Fine then, let's give Ronald a shot," Stefan proposed, playing his trump card to tease Ashley, and then strolled back to his residential area.

"Stefan, seriously, let me down. I'm not that injured! I can walk," Sarah protested, feeling embarrassed in front of the whole family, but Stefan remained unperturbed by her protests.

"Even if it's just a minor injury, it's my right and responsibility to take care of you," Stefan declared, showering Sarah with affection, leaving Ronald simmering with pure jealousy and a lingering sense of loss in his heart.

Anticipating Ronald to follow Stefan's lead in picking his partner up, Ashley hesitated, uncertain if he would. Contemplating her move, she took a step and shouted, "Ouch, I've got a sprained foot! Ronald, can you...?"

Before Ashley could finish her sentence, Ronald bluntly declined, saying, "I'm not feeling well; I'm heading to my chamber." With that, he walked away, leaving a somber silence. No one uttered a word, and tears welled up in Ashley's eyes.

Stefan escorted Sarah into his chamber and offered an apology.

"I apologize, Sarah, for causing you embarrassment in front of the entire family. I did it to make Ronald jealous, just as you wanted."

"It's fine, Stefan. I understand you're trying to help. Thanks a lot for your assistance."

"Sarah, there's no need for excessive politeness. I'm the one who caused this, and I can at least lend a hand in your mission."

"Stefan, it's not on you. In reality, you indirectly helped me unveil the truth about my supposed relationship with Ronald."

Despite the ache in her heart over Ronald's distrust and her sister's betrayal, whom she cherished dearly, Sarah concealed her emotions with a stoic expression in face of Stefan. Stefan felt bad for her.

"Mind if I drop a question?" Stefan asked.

"Sure, go for it," Sarah retorted with a deep sigh.

"Why are you giving Ronald the cold shoulder? What's his crime? I mean, everything that went down was Ashley's gig, and I'll admit, partially my bad too. Ronald's moves were all part of Ashley's game, so why drop the hammer on him?"

Sarah chuckled with a tinge of pain before questioning Stefan.

"Stefan, let me get this straight. About five years ago, you were in love with Valerie. When she passed away, you believed that Chairman Walter and Ronald were responsible for her death. Now, after five years, you've returned to avenge Valerie's death, is that it?"