#8: Soba

Y/n reach out for her towel and wiped the forming sweat she has on her forehead, before reaching out for her bottle of water. While the others are inside the dorm, she was there in the courtyard cutting the weeds.

Yes, she was assigned to cut the weeds by only using scissors. This was her punishment since she and Bakugou made a ruckus earlier. Speaking of Bakugou, unlike Y/n who is only stuck in the courtyard, Bakugou was assigned to clean the whole second floor of U.A.

Just the thought of him holding a mop and cleaning angrily made you smirk but rolled your eyes, that not because of him, you wouldn't be in this situation right now.

Aizawa was very strict too because he strictly asks everyone not to help them in any possible way, “This is their punishment, let them deal with it” he said with a deadly eye.

A soft sigh escaped from Y/n as she decided to stand straight again and stretch her whole body before cutting again the weeds. She was almost done but the sun is also starting to go down, that's why she needs to start finishing all of it to have time for dinner.

Just as she was thinking about the food she will eat later, a low growl erupts from inside her. The feel of hunger overwhelming her. Y/n shakes her head and was about to cut the weeds when she heard someone opening the sliding door of the courtyard.

Y/n looked and was quite shocked when she saw the supposed quiet kid of the class, with grey and blue eyes, it was Todoroki Shoto. He was holding a tray which has two bowls in them. She knows it's food and doubt if it's a drink because she can see the two chopsticks beside it.

Todoroki met your eyes and didn't hesitate to start walking towards you. When he was at least six feet away from you, he stopped and grips the tray he was holding. The look of you being slightly drenched from your sweat and the tired look you were making, made him feel in some way.

Todoroki always looked at you from afar but this is his first time seeing you in that state.

“Um..”

Todoroki snapped out of his thoughts when he heard you. He focused once again his attention on you, which he noticed how you looked confused, his eyes averted from you and looked at the tray he was holding.

“I thought you would like some..” he said.

Y/n blinked not believing what he just said. She and he never talked ever since the first week you were here. Y/n just sometimes notice him when he's with Midoriya but they didn't talk, this is the first time Todoroki approaches her. Y/n looked at the bowl that now she could see what was inside, it was soba.

Not knowing what to say, she scratched her neck and made a small smile, “I don't think.. I could accept that,” she said trying her best not to offend the male.

Todoroki instantly looked at you, “You don't like soba..?” he carefully asks.

Y/n saw how his grip on the tray was slightly loose and how his shoulder slightly fell. His face was stoic as ever but his eyes tell that he was disappointed.

Y/n widens her eyes and shakes her head, “No! That's not what I meant! I just think that my punishment includes-”

“I'm not helping you, and will not gonna help you,” Y/n stopped at what she was about to say when Todoroki interrupts.

“I just wanted someone to eat with,” he said. His face making nothing other than a straight face, but his eyes telling how determined he is for you to eat the soba with him.

Y/n let out a small chuckle, she never knew the quiet kid in the class has this side on him. She thought he will never talk to her but look at him being persistent to just make her eat.

“Okay, I'll eat with you then,” Y/n said and walked closely at Todoroki.

Todoroki felt how he froze where he was standing, as the sun slightly going down. The orange hue of it makes you fascinating in a way he could feel his heartbeat fast.

Y/n reach out for her bowl and chopstick, before looking where they would sit to eat. She luckily found benches that she didn't even notice when she was there in the first place.

“Let's sit over there,” She said as she looked back at Todoroki who was still looking at her. Furrowing her eyebrows she called out for him, “Todoroki?”

Todoroki immediately snapped, and slightly nod, his eyes averting again from her. Todoroki knows he's not his usual self, for an unknown reason he was spacing out since he was talking to you earlier. It was all new to him, he just wanted to know you better because you made him curious about you but he didn't know he got to the point where he would space out.

They walked until they reached the bench, which is small than usual because when they sit, they were pretty close.

When Y/n sat down she never said any word and eat her soba. After the first sip, she could feel how satisfied her hunger is.

“Wow, this soba is pretty good, who made it?” Y/n said and again after.

“..Me,”

Y/n whipped her head at him, surprised by Todorokis' answer, “Woah? It's so good, you should teach me how to make it sometimes,” Y/n said and once again eat her soba.

Todoroki felt his heartbeats again, no one complemented his soba like that before, he nodded and not noticing that he made a small smile.

It felt nice, very nice. Sitting with Y/n, eating his favorite food, getting complimented. The comfortable silence as they only hear the slurping from eating their food.

You smelling nice.

It was all very, very nice for Todoroki Shoto.

---

short update for mah boi todoroki having his first appearance in the story.

:)