#2: The Quirkless Hero

"All might! You're the one who will be watching us?" Izuku shrieked when he notice All might standing in front of them. Wearing his golden costume, that looked so big with his almost skeleton form.

All might laugh his usual laugh at what Midoriya said and scratch his head, "Don't worry young Midoriya! I'll be just watching you and won't do anything! Aizawa has somewhere to go, that's why I am here!" he proudly say while pointing at himself.

Y/n smiled while looking at the retired hero, she didn't really expect to see him here that's why she's happy to see him. Honestly, when the news broke out that he was going to retire, she were really shocked. Especially, when the fight that happened last year with that man called All For One. It was really intense.

But, right now seeing the man herself, laughing and looked happy, she sighed out of relief.

"Today! We will do something super duper special!" he said with his usual loud voice, everyone cheered and got curious on why is today so special, "We will have an individual assessment with just your own combat skills! And by all means it means that it's time to show off how good you are without a quirk!"

Everyone groaned and awed at what he said. Meanwhile Y/n's eyes was wide as ever, slowly a small smile escaped from her lips. Shoto who see this, immediately averted his eyes and looked the other way, cursing himself in his mind, how could he stare at the girl in a full one hour.

Bakugo who saw this at the far left, looked at Y/n and saw how she looked so happy about the assessment today, which he found so boring, yet the girl looks like she hit a jackpot. He tch, when he notice he too was staring too long.

"Don't you all complain young heroes! This is just a test to see what will you do if you're gonna encounter a hero that can disable your quirk! Take Aizawa for example! So, take this seriously because I know you're gonna thank me in the future!" He proudly said.

"But, All Might? isn't Aizawa was the best at this field? But he's not here, so who's gonna teach us?" Tenya asked with his both arms raised.

All Might laugh before answering him, "Of course young Iida! I've come prepared and that's why this assessment is super duper special! Because today you'll probably gonna see the future hero that will be best at this!"

"..future hero?.." Midoriya said, he thinks that All Might was talking about a person who is still a student since he did mention the future hero, but he tried to think if he know someone, he thought of Shinso, because he remembered that Aizawa trained him physical combat but he might be wrong.

"And that is L/n Y/n! She have shown us that she can keep up with us heroes with quirk, the first ever student who got into U.A without a quirk! We are proud to have you, young L/n!"

After All Might said this, everyone was quiet, and Y/n's eyes were much more wide than earlier. They just announced it.. just like that!? she thought.

Slowly, she can feel eyes putting their attention to her. It was so uncomfortable she can feel herself vomiting, didn't she mentioned she doesn't likes too much attention?

Deciding that no one was saying anything, Y/n awkwardly laugh and put a hand behind her neck, "T-Thanks, All Might." she said.

"Well, what are you all waiting for! Let's go L/n, show them what you got!"

Y/n just nods and didn't said anything, they started to walk outside where All Might said they will gonna do the assessment. While walking, she felt herself so awkward, and thinks so many thoughts.

She sighed just thinking of what others thought of her. Well, I'll be prepared not having friends this year again, she silently thought.

Didn't know that someone was looking at her with so much worry.

⋆⋆⋆

Noticing that all of the students are right now in the field with him, All Might looked at Y/n and smiled at her, encouraging her to come up in the front. Y/n who notice this gulp and step in front. Eventually everyone glance at her while she walk in front.

"L-L/n-san.."

Y/n looked surprised as someone called out for her. Realizing who called to her she felt herself smile, it was that green-haired kid who smiled at her when she was introducing herself in front of the class. Although confuse on why the boy called out for her, she gave him her usual smile.

"Yes?"

"I-I just wanna say, y-you can do it!" he said while he closed his eyes. But he open his eyes when he heard the female chuckled at his remark. He found himself once again stunned when he realize how really pretty their new classmate is.

Y/n in the other hand found this scene so new to her that she can feel something inside of her that she didn't feel it in such a long time. She also find that the male is really cute.

Is this what it feels to be encouraged? She silently thought.

Y/n nod and once again smiled at him, "Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement.. um.."

Noticing that she was asking for his name, he immediately told her, "Midoriya Izuku! M-my name is Midoriya Izuku, but you c-can call me anything y-you want." he said while silently trailing off in the end. Y/n smiled at how he look like right now, he looks like a shy bunny.

"Alright, I'll call you Midoriya then. Well, let's talk again some other time, Midoriya-san."

The said male timidly nod at her. She got that as a cue to continue her walk in front of the class, but now she felt a lot more better than earlier, and it was all thanks to him.

Midoriya looked at her while she was walking away. So, many different kinds of thoughts are flooding inside his mind and all of it is filled with Y/n and Y/n only. He found himself smiling and a little bit of feeling proud by himself from just getting the said girl to be somehow confident. He shook his head and looked at the front telling himself he should focus on the assigned task.

But deep down inside of him is screaming.... on how good it felt, when the thought of Y/n getting happy because he was the sole reason of it.

But he won't admit that to himself.. yet.

Somewhere in the field someone saw their whole interaction. Thinking what if he also did that to you? Maybe you'll acknowledge him too, just like what you did to MIdoriya. With that thought in mind, he reminded himself to approach you later.

⋆⋆⋆

here's the update for you all!! Sorry it took so longgg, hope you liked it.

So, do you all think Midoriya is just that timid shy boy?? hmm..

Next update is where will you know how much good Y/n is in physical combat!!  Although don't expect so much since I'm not good at writing action scenes. lol. 

:)