Chapter 20: I'm already Broken

So you think you have the courage to use my power?

Revan woke up and found himself inside a dark and cold valley surrounded by dozens of floating boulders. He can sense several--no thousands of eyes looking at him with a combination of curiosity and hunger.

"Am I...within the presence of the Duskwarden?" Revan asked with curiosity. As behind him, a black fog coalesced into a form of a young man wearing a dark coat with a menacing black aura around him, his jet black hair had streams of purple that seemed to glow faintly in the lighting condition of the place.

He eyed Revan with curiosity as his purple eyes glowed faintly, he then spoke in a distant and disembodied voice but despite that, it was clear he was interested in him.

And not in a good way.

Good observation, tell me why do you wish to follow the Path of Dusk? You could have followed the paths of all the other Saints? Why choose a path of ruin and damnation?

He walked around Revan while he kept a focused look on him while he placed his hand under his chin studying him and wondering what would his response.

"Because the Dark grants those who seek comfort alone," Revan spoke as he looked around wondering where that voice had come from. "The Duskwarden's teaching was essentially straightforward. He brings comfort to the shunned, solace to those in pain and truth where it is hidden. Am I wrong?"

You are correct and yet you must know full well that the Darkness will corrupt you, once you've dabbled within the powers of Darkness you cannot go back. So you will have nothing but the Darkness to accompany you, do you accept?

He disappeared in a cloud of black fog and he materialized and appeared once more sitting atop a cliff above Revan while holding a Kraachilopoda as it crawled around his arm as if he was more interested in it.

"Many say that Dusk is corrupting, I disagree the Darkness within is was never meant to be suppressed or controlled," Revan responded. "Besides, I chose this path because in a sense I can find some form of comfort from a Diety that supports those who have been abandoned and left behind."

So you're saying you'd rather let the Darkness consume you than overcome it? All because you would seek comfort over a being that will essentially corrupt your very existence?

He placed a hand on Revan's shoulder with the same amused look as before and placed the Kraachilopoda around his shoulder as it crawled around his body that made Revan's skin scrawl.

[New Class Option Available: Subjugator]

[Current Class: Swordsman]

[Will you Accept?: Y?/N?]

"Yeah," Revan said confidently, this made the young man standing beside him scoff in amusement as he walked away from him.

Hmph, you amuse me Frostwalker. Very well.

Revan winced as he fell to the ground as felt a cold burning sensation within his flesh. Particularly on where his Brand of the Cocytus is found while a prompt appeared.

[New Class Acquired: Subjugator]

[You are the blade of Saint Axton Duskwarden, you shall strike fear and death within his enemies but at the cost of eroding your very soul to corruption and the Darkness]

[Class Bonus: Goetic Corrosion]

[Ki Regeneration Increased by 60%]