Chapter 24: Chalice of the Old Blood

[Oshkom 16, 0100 A.R., Elios]

[Streania, Lyrkish Kingdom of Phirames]

[Luxenheim]

"You alright?" Gemia called out to Shinn who was sitting atop the wall within the outer walls.

"Just upset at how I still haven't figured out how to get a class despite being able to pull off powerful attacks," Shinn commented as he looked at the palm of his hand with a frown.

"Don't be, we both still have ways to go before we can attain a class," She reassured him with a smile. "Stay there I'm going to show you something cool!"

Before Shinn can ask further on what she was referring to, Gemia had already sprinted off leaving him slightly confused. But as he was about to call out to Gemia, a flash of bright light caught the corner of his eye allowing him to turn and caught a glimpse of something fast-flying past him covered in golden flames.

And there he saw what she was referring to as he watched Gemia flew to the skies as equipped on her back were a pair of wings that took on the form of golden pentagons that appear to be made of Mana. Shinn just kept a look of awe as she flew around to the surprise of none save for Shinn.

"Must be the first time you saw her Wings I take it?" Cardinal Ame asked him with an amused look as he just nodded quietly. "She called those Arch-Gliders, she designed those herself with the purpose of granting the wielder flight."

"I knew anything was possible but holy shit," Shinn said in awe. "Can I have some as well?"

"It's going to take a while!"

Both turned to find Gemia landing next to him as the wings began to fade away and smiled at him.

"I'm still ironing out the issues such as time limit, weather conditions, and speed," Gemia explained as she turned around revealing a miniature mechanism that was strapped to her back.

"The first can only take you a minute to fly around till the mana reserve in the main backpack finally gives out, the second just a little bit of rain can cause the wings to immediately disappear, and the third can only take you for eighty miles an hour." She explained as she took off the Arch-Glider and handed it to Shinn for him to examine.

"How far are you gunning for?" Shinn asked as he kept a focused stare on the Arch-Glider.

"Two Thousand miles an hour," She said bluntly earning a shocked look from Shinn.

"At least two thousand," She added with a relaxed shrug.

"You should hang out with Hanamiya," Shinn commented. "You two might get along."

"Cause of the fact we're trying to invent something game-changing?"

And the fact that you two have to set a massively high starting bar for your tests. "Yeah," Shinn agreed not bothering to mention another part.

[The Pit, Myrkish Empire of Aegiot]

[Noxamir]

"So you know when you said I'd stay out of your way," Fafnir told Revan as they walked side by side through the woods.

"You just want to take the other spinal fluids without much effort don't you?" Revan commented.

"That's the plan," Fafnir nodded, Revan was about to retort but one of the Husk Masters arrived and drove her fist in front of one of the Marked Ones that accompanied them and swung a scorpion-like tail into a second one.