Sway with me: AU! Edition

A/N: This story is not connected to Strike Hard in any way. It is an AU story that I had an idea for. 

--------------------------

Y/N walked into the ballroom, her red gown flowing freely behind her. All eyes were on her, watching as she gracefully glided into the room and headed to the bar to order a glass of champagne. Y/N felt the stares but ignored them. She needs to stay focused on her mission.

Tonight she wasn't Agent Y/N L/N of the Miyagi Agency, taking down spies and enemies. No tonight she was femme fatale, prowling for her target Miguel Diaz of the Cobra Kai agency. The two agencies have been feuding for the last 35 years. The previous directors of the agencies, Nariyoshi Miyagi and John Kreese, have been fighting since the '80s. They soon stepped down to pass the mantle to their respective protegees, Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence, and the rivalry continued.

Y/N lifted the glass of champagne to her lips as she scanned the crowd, looking for the jet black hair of Miguel. Y/N and Miguel's relationship was complicated, to say the least. They were enemies, that much was evident but there was also something between them. Like tension. 

The two have been tasked multiple times to take the other one down but so far neither has succeeded. The two would cross paths, fight for a little with a mix of bantering before going their separate ways. Tonight though, Y/N was ordered to take him down. If she didn't, Daniel promised to make sure she was never found. And that wasn't a threat, it was a promise.

"Hey, doll can I buy you a drink?" A voice asked, coming to Y/N's side. Y/N scanned the man, drinking in his features. He was not entirely unattractive but he wasn't Y/N's type. And she needed to stay focused. "No thanks, I'm good." Y/N declined, sipping on her champagne once more. "Well can I at least get your name?" He asked. 

"Only if I get yours first."

"Ooh, feisty. Name's Kyler."

"Y/N."

"A pretty name for a pretty girl."

Y/N had to resist rolling her eyes at the cheesy lines. If she had a nickel for every time someone said that to her, she'd be able to quit her day job. Y/N pressed her lips into a thin line and gave Kyler a fake smile. 

"Would you like to dance?" Kyler asked, putting his hand on Y/N's arm. Y/N's fingers twitched as she resisted the urge to reach under her dress and pull out the knife strapped to her thigh. "I'm ok." Y/N rejected. "Well I wasn't really asking now was I?" Kyler snapped, tightening his grip on her arm. "Take your hands off of her." A voice spat from behind the two. 

Y/N turned around to see Miguel standing there and boy did he look hot. He was wearing a three-piece suit, which he filled out nicely. He had a red necktie on which was very similar to the dress Y/N was wearing and his black hair was slicked back. 

"What's it to you pal?" Kyler growled. "If you don't let her go, I'll make sure the last thing you see is the inside of a trunk." Miguel threatened, his voice calm and steady. It was scary how good he was at hiding his emotions. 

Kyler's face paled ever so slightly as his grip loosened on Y/N's arm. Y/N, feeling bored by the whole thing, stomped on Kyler's foot, making her high heel dig into his toes. Kyler let out a loud yelp of pain before scurrying off, leaving the two alone.

"Care to dance?" Miguel proposed, holding out his hand. Y/N grinned. "I'd love to." She accepted, taking his hand. The two walked out onto the dance floor as the song changed.

When marimba rhythm starts to play

Dance with me, make me sway

"I could've handled myself you know," Y/N said, as Miguel placed his hand on her waist. Miguel smirked. "Oh I know but he needed to be taught a lesson," Miguel replied as he pulled her flush against him. "Oh yeah and what lesson is that?" Y/N questioned. Miguel brought his head down, making his lips brush against her ear. "To not touch things that aren't his."