We'll Always Be Good

A/N Idea by purpledidloinyou. Mentions of abuse.
----------------------------------------------------
Johnny stumbled into his apartment, trying his best to be quiet. He just had a date with Carmen (a very successful one if he says so himself) and he may have stayed out later than he should've. It was now 2 AM and here was, a little tipsy, stumbling around in his dark apartment.

As soon as the door closed behind him, a light flicked on, making him spin around. Y/N was sitting in a chair facing the door with a lamp on the table next to her. "Heyy what are you still doing up?" Johnny asked, surprised. Y/N raised her eyebrow, clearly annoyed. "You're asking me what I'm still doing up. You're the one who came stumbling in here at 2 in the morning." She retorted. "Well I was out."

"You were out?"

"Yes."

"And where were you, then?"

"Just out."

"Like out on a date."

"Maybe."

"With Carmen?"

"Maybe."

Y/N pinched the bridge of her nose, becoming more and more frustrated by the conversation. He was obviously a little drunk and Y/N was too tired to keep this going. "Ok then why didn't you tell me?" She asked. She wasn't mad that he was dating Carmen (although it is weird for your dad to date your boyfriend's mom, albeit hot mom) she was just mad that he didn't tell her and he came home late. She felt like a stressed parent.

"I didn't think I needed to." He stated, brushing past Y/N to go to the kitchen. "Why did you think that?" She questioned. "Because last time I checked, I'm the parent and you're the kid. I don't need to tell you everything I'm doing." He replied, grabbing a beer from the fridge. Y/N felt her insides turn cold as she watched him take a swig. She felt herself get nervous, something she never felt with Johnny. But she swallowed down her nerves and kept going.

"I know that you don't need to tell me everything you're doing but it'd be nice if you did."

"Will you just drop it?"

"Drop what? The fact that you came home at 2 in the morning when I was up worrying for you."

"Well I don't need you worrying for me, ok? I can take care of myself."

"I never said you couldn't. And you telling me not to worry isn't going to stop me from doing it."

"Will you just stop already?!" Johnny exclaimed, bringing his hands up to his hair. Y/N flinched at the movement and his yelling, making him sober up very quickly. Y/N never flinched around him or anyone really, which was surprising considering what her parents did. The tension around them suddenly became very thick.

"I-I think I'm gonna just go." Y/N stammered, her eyes welling up as she backed away from Johnny. "Y/N wait-" Johnny started, moving towards her. Y/N flinched again as she backed away, making Johnny stop in his tracks. Y/N swallowed the lump forming in her throat before retreating to her room and closing the door. "Shit." Johnny muttered as he heard the lock click into place.

As soon as the door was closed, Y/N broke down into tears with her hand pressed up against her mouth to stifle the sobs. She had gotten used to quieting her sobs as she cried in her bedroom after her parents were particularly harsh. If they heard her, they would drag her out of the room and give her something to REALLY cry for as they used to say.

Thinking about it made her cry even harder. Buddy, who was sleeping on her bed, woke when he heard her quiet cries. The German Shepard jumped off the bed and walked over to her, nudging her slightly.