Chapter 6

After the whole chaos that happen in cafeteria, Amy's statement kept running around Vanilla's head. She might as well believed it and she wasn't gonna let anything bad happen to her musicale. She was going to do something about to protect.
She head over to gym where she knew Doom's office was, to give Doom a piece of her mind. But she forgotten is that Doom's office...
Was in the boys Lockeroom.
She entered the Lockeroom just to be greeted by half-naked teenage boys that were changing and finishing their shower. The boys were surprised and stutter by her presence.. They even quickly covered themselves from the waist below and gotten themselves decent. Vanilla blocked her sight not wanting to see the boys with her hands as she quickly forward and pass them. The boys just stare at her as she heads toward their coach/P.E teacher's office.
Doom was just sitting there just eating his lunch and reading the school newspapers. Specifically where the sport section, where he smiles seeing his son picture on front of the people. He was doing well till Vanilla entered his office with grunt expressed of her face.
"Alright, Doom, Cards on the table." she immediately said not bothering to say hello. Doom looks at her uninterested, letting go of the paper.
"Huh?" he asks not knowing what he did to get her this mad.
"You're tweaked because I put your stars in detention. And now you're getting even?"
"Whatcha talkin' bout Vanilla?"
"Your all-star son turned up at my audition. Now, I give every student an even chance. Which is a long and honorable tradition in the theater. Something that you wouldn't understand. But if he is planning some sort of practical joke in my chapel of the arts..." she was then cut off by Doom's skeptical, clarification, mouth full voice.
"Shadow doesn't even sing." Vanilla just stare smug him.
"Oh, well, you're wrong about that. But I will not allow my Twinkle Town musicale to be made into farce!"
"Twinkle Town?" he asked, snickerly. That piss off Vanilla.
"See? I knew it!" she was getting a starter rage.
"Hey." Doom tried to come her down.
"I knew it!" she yelled as she started to storm out of the office. Going back to the hell hallways of the locker room, full of half naked teenage boys.
"Sounds like a winner. Good luck on Broadway!" Doom yelled after her.

Back at the cafeteria

Sonic and Silver were sitting together after the big incident. Everybody pretty went back where they usual selves expect for those that were hanging out with other people.
Sonic couldn't get off the guilty feeling spreading down his spine. He looks at Silver.

"Is Amy really mad at me?" Silver gives him a "you know it" face. Sonic had bigger frowned. "I said to her, I was sorry." he said.
"Look, No one have beaten her out for musical since kindergarten." Silver said remembering the times he grew up with Amy and Tails.
"I wasn't trying to beat anyone out. We didn't even did the audition, we were just singing." Sonic was telling the truth.
"You won't convince Amy of that. I'm telling you. If that girl can figure out a way to play both Romeo and Juliet, her own brother would be aced out."
"I told you, it just happened... but I liked it. A lot." He smiles from the memories from the day before. "Did you ever feel like there's a whole other person inside you, just looking for way to come out?" he asked Silver. Silver took a moment to think.
"Not really, no." he immediately answered. He looks at Sonic before he laughed a bit making Sonic a bit too. The bell ring, making the both of them jumped. "Let's go." Silver said. Even though Sonic didn't feel like so.

Little time later on, when the student were still hallways. Sonic unsettling feeling was easily up a bit. He was at his locker to put away his history book. A piece of paper fallen out to the ground. He went to pick it up before he read it. As he read it, his energy started to boost up. His heart felt pure happiness that couldn't stopped the big smile forming on his face. He puts his note away and closes the locker.

He heads to the staircase that leaves up to the top of the school roof. surprisingly, this school listen had its roots so dirty as you thought, in fact, it was clean and it was covered with plants pots and flowers. Sonic chuckling excitedly by the view as he came in. He saw Shadow waiting for him and he rush up to him.
Shadow couldn't help but smile while he watched Sonic climbing up the stair to go to him.
"Wow! It's like a jungle up here." Sonic said.
"Yeah, just like that cafeteria." Shadow said. Sonic gives him gasp before smiled once again.
"Well, I just humiliated myself into the next century." Shadow saw that it was too soon to mention "cafeteria."
"No! Come on." he said to him.
"So this is your private hideout?"
"Yeah. Thanks to the science club." He pointed at the binder that were on the table on the left behind them. "Which means my buddies don't know it exists."
"You pretty much have the school wired, don't you Shadow? Seems to me like everyone on campus wants to be your friend." Shadow laughs before going down a bit.
"Unless we lose." Sonic looks at him caring.
"Well, I'm sure it's tricky being the coach's son."
"Make me practice a little harder. I guess." Shadow takes a moment. "I don't know what he'll say about the singing."
"You worried?"
"My parents' friends are always saying, "your son's, the basketball guy, you must be so proud."... Sometimes I don't wanna be the basketball guy... I just wanna be a guy. You know?"
"I saw the way you treated Cream at audition yesterday. Do your friends know that guy?" Sonic asks as he walks to the bench that was there to sit down. Shadow doesn't move from his position.
"To them, I'm the playmaker dude."
"Then, They don't know enough about you, Shadow. At my other schools, I was the freaky math guy. It's cool coming here and being anyone I wanna be. When I was singing with you, I just felt like a normal guy."
"You even looked like one, too." Sonic giggles and Shadow went to sit next to him.
"Do you remember in kindergarten how you'd meet a kid and know nothing about them. Then ten seconds later you play like you're best friends because you didn't have to be anything but yourself?"
"Yeah." Shadow responded.
"Singing with you felt like that." Shadow look down smiling, wasn't expecting to hear that he didn't know what to say.
"Well, uh... I never thought about singing. That's for sure. Till you." he admits, Sonic smile sweetly.
"So you really wanna do the callbacks?" Shadow takes a deep breath.
"Hey, just call me freaky callback boy." he said, making Sonic laugh.
"You're a cool guy, Shadow. But not for the reasons your friends think..." Shadow was taken back bit as he felt something in his chest. "... And thanks for showing me your top-secret hiding place. Like Kindergarten." He said teasing. They both stare at each other before the bell rang once more. Alerting the two to get moving before they get in move trouble than they already are in as they rushed back downstairs.