Chapter 4

Next day

Shadow walking to his classroom and saw Sonic walking to his sit. They both made eye contact as Sonic sit on his seat. Shadow was standing while staring at Sonic. Ms. Vanilla walked up to him and tell him to sit down.
"Well, I expect we all learn our homeroom manners yesterday, people, correct?" Ms. Vanilla said, "if not, we have some dressing rooms that needs painting. Now, a few announcements. This morning free period. Will be your chance for the musical auditions,..." Amy was getting excited and she quietly clap her hands. "... Both single and pairs. I will be in the theater until noon for those of you bold enough to extend the wingspan of your cover creative spirit." Mephiles went up to Shadow's ear.
"When's she stood back on the mother ship?" He laughed and Shadow was fake laughing. As they look back at their teachers.
"Discussing the importance of Shakespeare..."

Later on till free period

Shadow was at his locker putting away some books until Mephiles jump scare him when he slapped the locker at him.
"What's up, man?" Mephiles asked as they to walked down the hallway.
"What's up?" Shadow asked.
"Hey. So, The team's hitting the gym during free period. What should we run?"
"Oh! You know what? I can't make it. I got to catch up on some homework."
"What? Hello, it's only the second day back I'm not even behind homework yet. And I have been behind on homework since preschool." Shadow laughed.
"That's hilarious. I'll catch you later." Shadow to Mephiles as he speed walked away. Mephiles looks at him
"Homework? There's no way."
Mephiles went after him. Shadow felt that as he try go crowd so he could lose him. They walking all over the hallways until Shadow went inside a classroom like he was meeting up some people. Mephiles watch from the door.
"What's he doing?" He asked himself. He lost his focus when someone came up to say hi to him. Shadow saw that he was distracted and he began to move to the second door. That Mephiles didn't notice that. When Mephiles went back to focus he noticed that Shadow was gone. He poke his into the classroom while Shadow passed him from the hallway.
Shadow was all over the place. He went through stairs to secret wall door wall, he even almost bumped into his father but he passed through him. That when he finally made it to his destination. The auditorium.

Shadow saw all the stage crew, the architect they did yesterday until he saw Ms. Vanilla entering the room with some students who are auditioning for the musical. Shadow used the janitor cart to get himself to back of the auditorium. Once he was well hidden he saw Ms. Vanilla on stage along with a short bunny but his mind was looking for something ... or someone. Ms. Vanilla began to speak.
"This is where the true expression of artist is realized. Where in the truth is revealed through the actor's journey..." There a little sound tone. "Was that a cell phone?" Everyone on the audience was moving to located their cell.
"No, ma'am. That was the warning Bell." The bunny said.
"Ah!" Ms. Vanilla said as she went back to her self calm. "Those wishing to audition must understand that time is the essence. We have many rules to cast and final callbacks will be next week. First, you will sing a few bars and I'll give you a sense of whether or not the theater is your calling better to hear from me now than from your friends later. Our composer, Cream Nielsen will accompany you" Cream smiled and now as she walks to the piano. "And be available for rehearsals prior to callbacks. Shall we?"
For the next few minutes the additions have started as each person have has sing or dance for the parts. Cream was playing the melody and Ms. Vanilla was enjoying or not enjoying the performance as she check or cross the names. Meanwhile Amy and Tails were sitting down and observe these newcomers talents and skills.
Shadow listening and watching until Sonic appears from behind him. Giving Shadow a jump-scare.
"Hey!" Shadow saw him and recover from the jump-scare. "So you decide to sign up for something?" Sonic asked hopeful.
"Uh... No. You?" Shadow asked
"No." Sonic noticed the cart. "Um... Why are hiding behind a mop?"
Shadow looks at the mop and he push it away. He laughed nervously. Sonic got the message. "Your friends don't know you're here, right?"
"Right." He admits it. They both saw someone on stage but saw that she didn't say anything and got stage fright. Ms. Vanilla thanks her and she runs away.
"Miss Vanilla is a little... harsh." Shadow said. Sonic looks at him.
"The Wildcats superstar's afraid?"
"No I'm not afraid, I... I'm just... scared."
"Me too... Usually."
"For the leada roles of Minnie and Arnold we're only have one couple signed up." Shadow and Sonic both heard Ms. Vanilla. They run behind the cart and hid.  They both watch closely. "Amy and Tails, I think it might be useful for you to give us a sense of why we gather in this hallowed hall."
Amy and Tails proudly stand up and walked up on stage of course, Amy being first in line. Sonic and Shadow secretly sit on the final roll of the auditorium.
They walk through the stage and Cream get up and stopped Tails.
"What key?" Tails looks at her.
"Oh we had our rehearsal pianist do an arrangement." Tails walk away
"Oh." Cream said as she seat back down and watches. She saw how that are closing the curtains and setting up a stereo.
Amy and Tails began to snap their figure to the beat of the music.