Chapter 7

The Next Day

Shadow was in the library looking for books to help him with his school work. He was just minding in his business before Mephiles came in the library and went over him, holding his basketball like always.
"Hey dude!" He called. Shadow looked up to see his best friend being shush by the librarian, Ms. Hamilton, while he put up and shakes his hands lightly as his way of apology. Shadow looks at him as he came over. "Hey." he said, not sure what his friend wants.
"I been trying to reach you since yesterday." he said not pleased. Shadow made a sound.
"Ehh... Sorry man. Shut off my phone yesterday. Sorry. What did you need?"
"What I need, is for you to finally tell me, what was going on in your head for you to pull this stunt." He asked dead serious.
Shadow finally knew what the fuss was about and it was something he didn't wanted to argue about.
"I don't know." Shadow moves further into the aides and he continues scanning throughout the shelves.
"What do you mean, 'you don't know'. What spell has this elevated-IQ temptress boy cast that suddenly makes you wanna be in a musical?" Shadow was getting annoyed that everyone was pinning the blame on Sonic.
"Look, I just did it! Who cares?!" he shouted. Mephiles was putting on shock face.
"Who cares?! How about your most loyal best friend?!"
The librarian came in the aide towards them because of the shouts they were giving.
"Quiet in here, Mr. Dark!" she whisper-yelled.
"It's him, Ms. Hamilton. Not me." he said not in the mood of getting detention again. Shadow does nothing to defend as Ms. Hamilton leaves them and went back to her duties. Mephiles face Shadow again and spins his basketball ball. "Look, you're a hoops dude," he pushes the ball to him. "not a musical singer person."
"*sigh*" he signed as he back throw the ball back to Mephiles, who caught it, and walks towards a book that he was looking for. Mephiles caught up to him, not done talking to him.
"Have you ever seen Michael Crawford on a cereal box?" Shadow grabs the book and looks at him.
"Who's Michael Crawford?" He asks before moving away
"Exactly my point." he stops him, aggressively. "He was the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Now my mom, She's seen that musical 27 times, and she put Michael Crawford's picture in our refrigerator. Yeah, not on it, in it. So my point is, if you play basketball, you're gonna end up on the cereal box... " Shadow looks at the ball." ... If you're in musicals, you'll end up in my mom's refrigerator."
"Why would she put his picture in her refrigerator?"
"One of her crazy diet ideas." his tone went high and the "like the heck I know" tone. "I won't attempt to understand the female mind." he immediately shut up and both of them flinch, the librarian angry face pop up out of nowhere "It's frightening territory." he said, as they both move away from Ms. Hamilton.
Shadow went to sit down at one of the library tables, opening the book to get to work. Mephiles sat to the chair next to him and signed.
"How can you expect the rest of us to be focused on a game. If you're off somewhere in leotard, singing Twinkle Town?"
"No one said anything about leotards."
"No yet, my friend but just you wait." he pointed out. "Look, we need you, Captain. Big time." Shadow stays quiet for a while. Mephiles saw that he isn't getting him in.
"Mr. Doom." Ms. Hamilton came up to him.
"I tired to tell him, Miss Hamilton." he looks at Shadow. "Really tried." He signed before leaving Shadow alone in the library.

As he left the library, unsatisfied with the results. He wasn't going to give up on trying to get his captain back in the game. He takes out his phone off his pocket and called Infinite.
"Hey man. Plan A failed. Moving on to Plan B. Spread the word." he said before hanging up.

About a half a hour later. Mephiles, Infinite, and Fleetway all walked inside the science classroom where Silver and his scholastic teammates was at.
The teammates were Gadget and Scourge.
As they walked, Amy spotted them and she immediately stopped her brother Tails. Getting his attention.
"Something doesn't seem right." she said as she walks in the classroom with Tails right coming next to him. They couldn't hear anything from where they at but all they saw the two groups getting together. Amy wasn't liking it.