Chapter 5

They crashed into a clearing with three villains standing there. 

They villain leapt free of them and poised in a battle pose. The students were breathing heavily. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a voice cried, "Saaaaaaaay CHEESE!"

A flash of light quickly appeared, then disappeared half a second later, as if someone took a picture of them with flash turned on.

"What the—" a masked villain said.

"Ahhh," the person walked out, "Picture perfect,"

"Who are you?" Todoroki yelled.

"I forgot to introduce myself," she put her phone in her pocket, "Reporter for Kakashi Spirit News,"

"He said who are you? Not what's your job!" Midoriya yelled.

"Don't be so cocky. I'm Hatate Himekaidou," she fluttered her wings and said, "Go on, keep fighting. I'm just here for pictures. Maybe interviews, too,"

"Get out of the way, Mr. Compress," Another villain with some sort of mask stitched into his face held his hand at them. Mr. Compress shimmered and suddenly disappeared right before blue flames charged at them. 

They thankfully managed to dodge that until a third villain leapt up, pulled something from his cuffs, and tried to strike Todoroki with it, who blocked it with another wall of ice. Meanwhile, the girl villain from earlier pounced on Midoriya, knocking him down. She took out a knife and prepared to stab him but Shoji shoved her away with just enough force to send her flying.

Sakuya threw a few knives at the girl who dodged most but deflected a few with her own dagger. Sanae shot blasts of wind at the villain who was fighting Todoroki. The villain leapt around, out of reach. He occasionnally lost his tempo when Sanae threw her knives. 

During all this fighting, Marisa knelt in a crater. Poking a blue marble. She was so focused on that single blue marble that even managed ignored a giant chunk of ice that almost bashed into her head. She didn't pay any attention to anyone; everyone didn't pay attention to her. When she decided that it was just a normal marble, she stood up and decided to join the battle.

She walked three steps when she heard a familiar sound behind her. She turned around quickly and saw Mr. Compress appearing and walking towards the fire villain.

"You got Bakugou?" he asked.

"Of course," he put his hand in his pocket.

"We're done! He gave away his best trick!" He yelled.

"Marbles..." Marisa muttered.

"The ones you stashed in your pocket," He opened his hand to reveal two bright blue marbles, "So I'm assuming these are Tokoyami and Bakugou,"

"You rescued them," Midoriya said in relief.

"Well... color me impressed," Mr. Compress said.

The students ran away as quickly as possible.

The fire guy was about to shoot fire when Mr. Compress suddenly stopped him.

"No, wait,"

Purple wisps appeared. There seemed to be glowing yellow eyes in the tallest of them.

"It's been five minutes since the signal," It said.

"See you later, okay?" the female villain asked cheerfully and walked into the portal nearest to her.

The gray masked villain leapt into another, head first. 

"Dabi, let's go,"

"Hold on, we're not leaving without the kid," Fire guy (Dabi?) said.