Nicolas Flannel I mean Flamel

Chapter 9: Nicolas Flannel I mean Flamel

The holidays soon ended and students came back to Hogwarts. When Hermione arrived Claire, Ron, and Harry told her of their late-night adventure. To say she was upset would be an understatement.

"You did what?" Claire, Harry, and Ron winced as Hermione began scolding the three of them for sneaking out, yet again, after curfew. But they had a feeling that the fact that they didn't discover anything about Flamel didn't make it any better.

"Oh, is that the time? I have to go-" Claire was standing up from her seat just as Hermione pulled her back down.

"Oh, no Claire. You're staying here. I can't believe you three went after curfew!" Hermione exclaimed.

"I think we've already established that we were out after hours, Hermione." Claire said.

"Do you three know how-"

"We know, we know, we know, Hermione. We were selfish, careless, stupid, reckless anything else I'm missing?" Claire said.

Hermione glared at Claire.

"I'm serious Claire."

"I know that. We all know that. But what's done is done. Can't go back and change it now. Let bygones be bygones."

Hermione sighed before saying fine. The term soon started and the four friends were back to skimming through books during their breaks to find any information on Flamel. Harry had less time than the other three because Quidditch practice had started again. Hermione, Ron, Claire, and Harry were currently in the common room looking through books for Flamel when Harry remembered that he had Quidditch practice. He closed the book and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Claire asked.

"Quidditch practice." Harry then left.

Claire sighed but Hermione and Ron ignored her. She then sighed a bit louder and they still didn't respond. After exhaling even louder the third time, Hermione looked up from her book with an annoyed look.

"Yes, Claire?" Hermione asked.

"Can't we take a break? I'm sick of this Hermione! This is all we ever do! We might as well start a book club with all the books we've read!" Claire complained.

Hermione closed her book and then said, "Fine. We can take a break. What do you suppose we do?"

"What about a game of Wizard's Chess?" Ron suggested.

"Anything is better than having to look for this Flannel dude." Claire said as Ron pulled out his chess set.

"It's Flamel, Claire." Hermione said.

"Right, him." Claire said.

The three took turns playing the chess game. A couple hours later, Claire was watching Hermione and Ron play when Harry came into the common room. She noticed Harry seemed to look worried.

"What's wrong, Harry?" Claire asked him.

Hermione and Ron looked up from their chess game and caught sight of Harry's face.

"What's the matter with you? You look terrible." Ron said.

Harry sat down next to them and told them about Snape refereeing the next Quidditch game.

"Don't play." Hermione said at once.

"Say you're ill." Ron said.

"Pretend to break your leg." Hermione suggested.

"Really break your leg." Ron said.

"I can't. There isn't a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can't play at all." Harry said.