Batman's A Git

Chapter 4: Batman's a Git

A man ran down a dark corridor scanning his surroundings. He ran past a wall-size window and briefly glanced out the window before continuing to run down the hall. He seemed to be on some sort of spaceship. The man was looking for something and or someone. Up ahead, he saw a familiar looking woman.

"Carina!" The brown-haired/eyed man ran towards a woman with black unruly hair.

"Doctor! Where have you've been? Did you destroy it?" The woman named Carina questioned.

"Yes. We have sixty seconds to make it to the Tardis before this place blows. C'mon!" The man named the Doctor grabbed the woman's hand and the two began to run.

Suddenly, a wall exploded behind them sending them forward onto the floor.

"I thought you said we had sixty seconds before this place blows up!" Carina exclaimed.

"I did. I don't think that was the explosive I set up!" The Doctor replied.

"Exterminate!" "Exterminate!" A robotic voice exclaimed.

The Doctor and Carina looked behind them to see three robotic machines. They quickly picked themselves off the ground and began to run as the machine started to shoot red beams of light at them. The Doctor led Carina into another room pulling out an object from his pocket that resembled some type of mechanical screwdriver. He pressed a button and the screwdriver made a buzzing noise as two metal doors closed the room off. He turned around and a tall, blue Police Box was in his peripheral. The Doctor went over to the box and opened the door with Carina following him inside. The box seemed to be bigger on the inside and in the middle of the room was the control panel. He went over to the panel and pressed several buttons before pulling a lever. The box made a funny sound as it disappeared off the ship.

"What luck! The room I chose was where the Tardis was. Just in time too. We had two seconds left." The Doctor said.

The woman glared at him. The Doctor saw her glare and said, "What's wrong? Was it something I said?"

Carina sighed exasperatedly. "I don't think I can do this anymore."

"What do you mean?" The Doctor furrowed his eyebrows.

"Doctor, I thought when we got together we'd settle down and have a family."

"Carina, a lot has changed since then. It's too risky."

Carina sighed again. "I have to tell him." She thought.

"Doctor, I need to tell you something." Carina began.

He looked at her waiting for her to talk.

"What if I told you I was pregnant?" Carina questioned.

A few moments passed until the Doctor cleared his throat and asked, "Are you speaking hypothetically or are you actually pregnant?"

Carina looked at him and he could tell by the look in her eyes that she was actually pregnant.

"How long?" He asked.

"A few weeks." she replied. "Look, I'm keeping the baby. So, if you don't want to be involved I suggest you drop me back on Earth-"

"Are you crazy? I'm not going to abandon you!"

Carina was shocked. "But you just said that it was too risky."

"Some risks are worth taking." The Doctor said.

Carina smiled at him then hugged him.