Quidditch Match

Chapter 7: Quidditch Match

Ever since the troll incident Claire, Harry, Hermione and Ron had become friends. Claire was thankful that they no longer fought. Hermione became a good edition to their group as she helped them with homework; especially Harry since he had multiple last-minute practices with Wood. Harry and Ron grew used to Hermione and her ways. They discovered that Claire was right about Hermione. Hermione turned out to be really nice and helpful. She even became more relaxed about breaking rules since Harry and Ron saved her and Claire from the mountain troll.

It was now November at Hogwarts which meant it was Quidditch season. In fact, tomorrow was the first Quidditch match of the season. The four friends were outside by the Black Lake. Harry was reading Quidditch Through the Ages (borrowed from Hermione) to help him prepare for tomorrow's match. So far, he learned there were seven hundred ways of committing a Quidditch foul and Seekers were usually the smallest and fastest players. While Harry was reading, the others were working on homework. Well, at least Claire and Hermione were as Ron didn't feel like doing his homework. They soon heard footsteps approaching them and looked up.

"Is that Snape coming over here?" Claire questioned.

Claire noticed that Snape seemed to be limping. Wonder what's up with that? Claire thought to herself. Snape was soon standing in front of them and caught sight of Harry's book.

"What's that you've got there, Potter?"

Harry showed the book to Snape.

"Library books are not to be taken outside the school. Give it to me. Five points from Gryffindor." And with that Snape snatched the book from Harry and left, limping away.

"He's just made that rule up." Harry muttered angrily.

"Did any of you notice that Snape seemed to be limping? Wonder what he did to his leg." Claire said.

"Dunno, but I hope it's really hurting him." Ron said bitterly.

That evening in the Gryffindor common room, Hermione was checking Claire, Harry, and Ron's Charms homework. As Hermione was checking their homework, Claire and Ron were playing Wizard Chess. Harry watched Claire and Ron play as his mind kept wandering back to getting his book back. He stood up suddenly catching the attention of his three friends at his sudden movement.

"You alright, Harry?" Claire asked concerned.

"Yea, I'm going to get my book back from Snape." Harry said.

"Better you than me." His friends replied in unison.

As Harry left the common room, Claire and Ron went back to their game.

"Knight to D3." Claire said.

The piece moved and destroyed one of Ron's chess pieces.

"Yes! I guess I'll be taking the title of winner this game Ron." Claire said smugly.

"Queen to E6." Ron said.

Ron's Queen destroyed Claire's Queen and thus Ron won the game.

Ron smirked in victory. "You were saying."

"You cheated! Hermione you saw it, right? He definitely cheated!" Claire exclaimed.

"I'm not getting involved in this. Besides it's just a game of chess. It shouldn't matter who wins." Hermione replied.

Claire huffed in annoyance. Suddenly, Harry came running into the common room out of breath.

"Have another run in with the three-headed dog?" Claire joked.