{2}

"Why does it have to rain today of all days..?" I groaned and stabbed the egg yolk with my chopsticks.

"Why? It's so peaceful outside." Mom said as she put a piece of her egg inside her mouth.

"What's so peaceful? It's dark and cloudy outside on my first day of work!" I muttered.

"Stop complaining and finish your breakfast. Don't wanna be late on the first day." She said finishing her food and getting up from her seat.

I quickly finished eating too and went to my room to get dressed, only to find that I had left the window open and my room was practically flooded.

"What a great way to start the day." I grumbled and closed the windows. I got ready in a hurry after cleaning up the mess in my room.

Not just that, but, we arrived at the hospital thirty minutes late because of rain.

"I hope all our new interns have arrived! Now it's time to assign you all your tasks." A man claiming to be the head doctor announced, mom standing beside him with a smile. They were the top doctors as to my knowledge.

"You won't be asked to work alone till further instructions. Rather you're all going to assist your respective doctors as you're assigned to, in treating their patients. Sticking with them and helping them will already teach you so many things and I hope you're all ready to work your heads off!" The man concluded with a big smile.

Each of our names were called out one by one and everyone was assigned with a doctor. I was very obviously assigned with mom and we were both happy about it.

"Alright kids. Let's get to work now!" The man called out for the last time and everyone went their separate ways.

"These are the list of patients that I'm currently dealing with. The list is in the order of top to least prioritised patients." Mom explained.

"I'm looking forward to working with you Ms Jung." She teased as she handed me the clip board with the list of names. The first name to appear, the one we were currently heading towards...

Kim Namjoon

The top priority...

As we walked down the hall, a big door appeared in front of us and it read 'Observation'.

"Ready?" Mom asked before she opened the door. I took a long breath and nodded at her. That's when she opened the door revealing what was inside.

It was a room with white walls and a huge glass window right across the door, through which we could see another room also with white but cushioned walls. It was almost like a music studio but in a hospital.

There were two people sitting in front of the window looking at the man inside. His head was hanging low with messy hair and he was wearing a straitjacket.

"Any progress?" Mom asked the two men who were monitoring him. As soon as the patient heard my mom's voice, he looked up and our eyes met almost immediately. He looked... Angry.

"No ma'am. It's the same. He won't speak a word." The man said looking irritated.

"Well, Mr Kim, if you don't talk to us, it will be difficult to help you. I'm sure you know that, right?" My mom asked with a gentle voice through the microphone. He didn't budge. He's eyes were glued on me. He held that angry face as if, if he's let out, he won't leave a single person alive in this hospital.

My mom sighed and looked at me. She quickly turned to her patient who was burning holes in my body with his gaze, after she realised I was also staring at him. She tapped my shoulder lightly waking me up from the daze.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly and I nodded, turning back to him. He wouldn't take his eyes off of me which mom noticed.

"Does the lady here look familiar to you Mr Kim?" She tried once again, speaking through the microphone. I swear I saw his eyes move to my mom and back to me in just a fraction of seconds.

"Does this mean something? Why don't you try talking to him." Mom suggested.

"Huh? But.. I've never done anything like this before." I protested.

"The way he looks at you Ms Jung, there are chances of him saying at least something." The seated man added.

"What..? What should I say?" I asked nervously as I took the microphone from mom's hand.

"Anything." She replied.

I brought the microphone closer to my lips, contemplating what I should say as his his eyes were glued on me, the angry gaze following each of my movements.

"Hello Mr Kim. My name is Jung Y/n. It's nice to meet you.." I spoke expecting something to happen but I was only met with silence.

"Would you like to tell me about yourself." I said, making it sound as polite as possible. All eyes were on him, creating a tensed atmosphere. Almost a minute passed but there was no reply. Everyone stood up and were about to leave when a deep, low voice echoed through the speakers, sending chills down my spine..

"...Kim Namjoon." He finally spoke.

Hello lobely people. I reached the word limit sowwy. (Oh how I love to tease you🤭).
Come back tomorrow to find out what happens next!
Good day!
Love💜