{3}

"I can't believe this. It has been 4 weeks already since he was admitted to the hospital but not once has he opened his mouth to anyone!" Mom cheered as we jogged down the hall, going to visit another patient.

"This calls for celebration Dr Jung! Your daughter has done something you couldn't do for so long!" One of the two men who were in the room with us jolted and teased mom.

"Sure! Saturday night, we all go for drinks!" Mom cheered and the two men jumped happily.

"Well then Y/n, ready to meet the next patient?" Mom smiled at me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Let's go!" She said and pulled me with her.

The next hour, we spent visiting patients in there rooms. Mom had tons of patients of varying ages, from as young as 12 years old kid to an 80 year old grandfather.

I probably met more than 10 people and in that hour to my surprise no one was as weird as the patient we met at the beginning. Kim Namjoon. He's the weirdest of them all. He had this dark, mysterious aura surrounding him, like a signboard warning to stay as far away as possible from him.

"And then he suddenly started screaming at us and saying we're all gonna die. He creeped me out so bad." Myra explained as she sat across from us at the cafe. It was lunchtime and we were all gathered to share our first day experiences.

"What about you Y/n? Anything weird to share?" A girl, named Yume who was from a different college asked sipping her drink from her cup.

"They were pretty normal to be honest. But there is this one guy who's really weird." I started.

"What's his name?" Jin, who was from our college, asked curiously.

"Kim Namjoon. They said he came here 4 weeks ago and he doesn't speak at all." I continued.

"Maybe he's mute." Lisa suggested.

"No. He didn't speak until I asked him his name. And he told me his name..." I said. "Also he was staring at us as if he was really mad about something."

"That's weird. So he doesn't speak unless it's you?" Jin asked with a smirk.

"Stop it Jin. He's a patient." Myra said but her serious face couldn't hold back her smile. It was bound to happen, so it did, they started teasing me.

We were still eating when suddenly mom appeared in my vision, panting and looking for something. I stood up and she noticed me almost immediately. She ran towards me, grabbed my hand and dragged me with her.

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked, worried that something might have happened to one of the patients.

"Namjoon spoke again. He said he wants you." She huffed as we ran towards the elevator.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"I was in his room for the daily checkup and for medicines. I asked a few questions like usual and he only said one thing." She said trying to catch her breath. "He asked where you were."

The elevator door opened and mom quickly ran out of it and towards his room, dragging me with her.

As we stood outside his room, mom warned, "stand at a distance, if possible near the door. I will wait for you outside with two more guards for protection. Do not panic or raise your voice and just get out of there if you're uncomfortable. Got it?"

I nodded at her instructions and she took a deep breath. "All the best Y/n." She said and entered the room with me.

"Hello yet again Mr Kim. I brought Y/n as you asked." She said with a sweet smile as I stood behind her still nervous of what he might do.

He kept staring at my mom angrily hinting her to get out of the room, which she did. I was left alone with him in his room.

"So...why were you looking for me?" I asked in a low voice. His presence was intimidating as the room was filled with the usual dark aura. He didn't say anything, his head hung low instead.

I didn't say anything and let him take his time as I looked around his room. There was one small window opposite to the door, a small table underneath and a chair. On its right side layed the bed on which he was sitting. The room was well lit yet it felt dark in his presence.

"You're new.." he finally said in a very low but deep voice. I couldn't tell if it was a statement or a question.

"Uh.. yeah I'm here to learn and help. I'm an intern." I said.

"So you're not permanent." he said in the same voice.

"I plan on working here after my internship so.." I awkwardly smiled scratching the back of my head, not knowing what to say anymore. He nodded, his head was low the whole time. He didn't look at me.

"Get out." His voice suddenly grew and I jumped at the sudden impact.

Heya!
Just here to say, I'll not write about every other patient as I'm trying to keep this story short and simple. I'll just go over Namjoon because, duh, he's the main character. I'll include other people if needed but yeah, I won't go into detail with them unnecessarily xD
Hope you enjoy.
Stay hydrated!
Love💜