{4}

"So what's his problem? Why is he there?" I asked mom about Namjoon the following night.

"Borderline Personality Disorder along with anxiety, depression, eating disorders and suicidal tendencies. As you know, BPD doesn't come alone, it brings friends." My mom ended with a smile as she cleaned the kitchen countertop after dinner.

I sat there silently, munching on some nuts as I learned more about Namjoon.

"Oh and I have something for you to do." She turned around to face me and leaned on the countertop.

"You will have to accompany Namjoon's caretaker from now on because he only seems to speaks to you." She said.

"What? But he's your patient and I need to work under your supervision!" I complained.

"I know dear. He has a different caretaker because he is a special case. We can't make any progress until he speaks up. And you know the rest." She explained.

"But what about the other patients? I still have to learn."

"Of course you will. You will accompany her after you've met your patients in the morning. Like we did today." She said. I blushed when she said 'my' patients. I felt like I was a real doctor. Mom really did have a way with her words which always lets her win.

"Now go to bed. It's late." She urged and I followed her order.

The next day, I went around the hospital with mom to visit each of her parents. One of the patients was also nice enough to call me 'pretty'. But when the time came to accompany Namjoon's caretaker and being around him all day, nervousness took over me.

"Hi, I'm Jung Y/n. An intern. Nice to meet you." I introduced myself to the woman who looked like she was in her early 50's.

"Oh dear, you don't have to be so polite with me. You're here to help with Namjoon right?" She asked, a smile stuck permanent on her face.

"Uh.. yeah.." I was taken aback by the fact that how she mentioned him by his name like they were close.

"So do you take care of other patients as well? Or just... Mr Kim?" I asked.

"No I'm only his caretaker but I do help around here there with other patients occasionally." She explained. That probably means I didn't have to deal with Namjoon the whole day, right?

"Also, there are some things I'd like you to know but I don't know if Namjoon will be okay with it." She looked at me with concern.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Namjoon hates it when people talk to him a lot. You know if you keep asking a question or multiple questions simultaneously, he gets... dangerous." She hesitated.

"What do you mean dangerous?" I asked again.

"If you talk to him with a low voice and with a lot of patience, he takes his time but answers." She said.

That's probably why he answered my question. Because I didn't force him nor did I rush him to answer.

"You see, the boy is very sensitive. He reacts to every little thing and makes a big deal out of it. I must ask you to be patient with him and never force him to do something." She warned.

"Okay. And what did you mean he gets dangerous?" I asked again as I noticed she totally ignored the questing last time.

"Well, I don't want to scare you away." She said, her voice filled with a sense of fear.

"I won't run." I assured her as I held her hands in mine. "Please  I need to know."

After a lot of contemplation and hesitation, she finally opened her mouth.

"On my first day of becoming his caretaker, I made a mistake. I asked him his name. And when I noticed he wouldn't answer, I pushed him to do so." I could clearly see the fear taking over her calm demeanour. "He grabbed a sharp object and threw it towards me. Luckily it didn't hit me but got stuck in the wall behind me. I also think he missed his aim on purpose."

"So he's violent.." I sighed.

"But he's not bad. After I learnt how to deal with him, he has been so much better. He talks to me a lot actually but hates it when I tell someone about it." She assured.

So that's Kim Namjoon, a depressed, introverted and a bit of a crazy man. There's nothing to worry about him...

...Right?

"So this is all you need to know about Namjoon. I hope you abide by the rules I just told you. Are you ready?" She asked.

I was nervous, sure. But I guessed I knew all that I need to know about him. I knew what I had to do. So I took in a deep breath and let it out real slow to calm myself down.

"Yes," I replied.

Yo!
Hopefully all the important stuff that I needed you to know is down. I'll add more if needed obviously. But now we're getting into the real deal.
Hold your breath folks,
Love💜