4

"You know you can count on me."

"I know. I think about it every day."

"Well, if you know, then you can come to me. You don't have to be alone."

"Thanks. And same to you. You're my friend; I'll always stand beside you."

~

Productivity for the Decepticons plummeted. Knockout was barely keeping Starscream online and Breakdown was trying to rally the troops, though that wasn't really his thing.

Soundwave was still running scans and occasionally sending out a patrol group, but if for the Ghost of Cybertron, none of them ever returned.

In other words, it was chaos on the Nemesis.

"Soundwave, could you please organize an Energon run?" Knockout asked after calling the communications officer into the lab. Starscream, lying on the table below, had his arm replaced, and the hole in his helm had been patched, but his side was still open and jagged. "Most of it's going towards fueling the ship and our cloaking, which isn't good for us, let alone poor Starscream here."

Soundwave bobbed his helm once and turned to follow through with this request. He found the Vehicons in the break room and selected a few, opening a Ground Bridge and watching them file through before closing it.

After that was finished, he went to check their Energon supply; if this mission was unsuccessful, it was possible that they would need to land until they were able to get back on their pedes.

Upon reaching the supply, he confirmed they had about two days left, which wasn't enough to fuel the ship and keep the troops up and running.

The communications officer made his way back to the medical lab, where Knockout was barking something sharp at Breakdown. The doctor turned as Soundwave stood in the doorway, looking between the two.

"What brings you back so soon?" the cherry mech asked, tossing a scalpel between his servos.

"Going...scouting."

"Do whatever you want," was the response he received. "Just make sure to come back in one piece - I'm getting sick of patching everyone up."

Ignoring the last sentence, Soundwave turned, exiting the lab and Bridging himself to the nearest Energon signal.

He landed just outside the cavern that led to the Energon signal, his audio sensors picking up faint clanging from inside.

Detaching Laserbeak, he directed the drone to go inside and check if it was a Decepticon patrol already on the site or if the Autobots had claimed this mine.

After the drone's engine faded, Soundwave waited for a moment, then lifted his helm slightly, looking around above the cavern entrance.

Then he spotted it. The little cyberwolf perched on the top of the rocks lining the arch. It was simply sitting and staring at him, but Soundwave knew that she now knew he was there, if Laserbeak hadn't already encountered her.

The two stared at each other for a few moments before the cyberwolf got to its feet and stretched, arching its back and shaking out its tail and back legs. It then paced along the arch, studying Soundwave. The communications officer followed the creature's movements with his helm.

A couple minutes of this and the cyberwolf finally stopped, settling down at the center of the arch, laying with its paws straight in front of it. "Back on your pedes so soon?" The words came from the cyberwolf, tilting its head as it said them. "Thought you'd at least take a couple days, but you never stayed down for long, did you?"