Chapter 1

Luke Patterson

"Over here?" I bite down on my bottom lip, gripping the pen in my hand as I look over the empty space that was calling my name.

I let my eyes lift slowly, looking at the woman in front of me before looking next to me at Alex and Reggie.

"Yeah, if you three could all sign then that'll be it." Alex and Reggie nod encouragingly towards me, the excitement radiating off them matching mine perfectly.

I flash them a smile, clicking the pen in my hand before etching my signature into the paper.

I shake my head, biting my lip in shock as I sit back in the chair, letting Alex and Reggie both sign after me.

As soon as Alex places the contract back down onto the desk in front of us, the reality slowly starts to set in even more than before, we're officially signed to a record label.

"Welcome to Columbia Records Sunset Curve." My whole body freezes at those six words, still struggling to believe how this is all suddenly so real.

The three of us stand up, pushing our chairs back slightly as Julia Stringer, the head of Columbia records stands up behind her desk.

"We look so forward to working with you three. We'll set up a meeting soon to discuss everything." She holds out her hand with a warm smile, shaking each of our hands before opening the office door for us.

As soon as the door shut, not even two steps out her office the boys and I are jumping up and down, dancing and moving around on the spot out of the extreme happiness that was running through us.

I jump up on the spot, nudging  Reggie playfully in excitement as Alex runs back giving himself space to jump.

Reggie quickly grips my shoulders turning me around to see Alex running towards us. I laugh, quickly dropping down onto my knee to catch him before standing up, lifting him up with me.

"Yeahhh!" Alex hollers, Reggie and I spinning him round in the air as we all laugh loudly, forgetting about the fact that Julia's office was not more than two steps away.

"We did it!" I exclaim, holding Alex up by his waist as he starts to flail his arms and legs in the air.

"Yeah we did!"

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" Alex's words make the three of us burst out into laughter which made it harder when trying not to drop him.

As soon as we notice someone walking into the corridor, the three of us freeze in our place, trying not to laugh at the confused expression on the man's face as he walks past us completely.

Reg and I place Alex back down onto the ground, straightening out our clothes to try hide the excitement but it only worked to an extent. I don't think anything could take away the extreme happiness we were all feeling right now.

"Dirty Dancing Alex? Really?"

"What? We were doing the lift, what did you expect." Alex simply shrugs in response.

"Anyways...Columbia Records baby!" I bounce back onto my one foot, hooking my arms around Alex and Reggie's shoulders as we walk towards the elevator.

"Boys, we did it." I can't help but shake my head again in amazement at what just happened. "We're gonna be legends."

"How is this even real?" Alex says in disbelief, his smile radiating off of him as he pressed button inside the elevator.

"Right! I'm not complaining but I didn't think we'd get here so soon!" I can't help but chuckle at the look on Reggie's face, gripping his shoulder lightly before shaking it in excitement.

"Well boys, you better believe it, because we'll be seeing this place more often." The three of us walk out of the elevator, making our way out of the building towards Reggie's car.

I hop into the backseat of the car, letting Alex slide into the passenger seat as I pull out my phone.

"We're going to get pizza still right?" I snap my head up at Reggie's words, nodding as I lean back against the seat, focusing my eyes back on my phone.

Tanna Carson

"I'm really sorry, I have to run now, but we can talk about this tomorrow?" I quickly gather up my books, zipping my portfolio case before hooking my jacket over my arm.

"Yeah, of course, we have the next few weeks to work on the project, no rush." I stand still for a second, brushing my hair out of my face as I smile.

"Thanks Don, I'll see you tomorrow then." With that I make my way out of the lecture hall, searching for the keys in my bag as I walk into the car park.

I climb into the car, slinging my bag up and over my head before placing it on the passenger seat next to me.

My phone connects to the speaker, the songs playing in the background as I reverse out of the parking lot and pull onto the main road.

Finally, after 15 minutes I pulled into an empty parking spot, taking the key out of the ignition and hopping out the car with my bag in hand.

I walk closer to the restaurant, smiling at the hostess as she waves at me with a smile.

"Hi Tanna, it's good to see you again."

"Hey Lizzie, how've you been?"

"I've been good thanks, how about you?"

"Busy, but really good thanks. Are the b-"

"They're in the back, outside." I can't help but laugh at the way she already knew what I was going to say. I smile again, thanking her before walking outside.

"I'm sorry I'm late." I smile, making my way over to the table before hooking my bag on the back of the empty chair. "Didn't mean to keep My Rockstars waiting."

I hold the car keys out in my hand, placing them into Luke's as I slide into the empty chair next to him.

"Thank you."

"Always Tan. You know it's not a problem." I lean in, pecking his lips softly before turning towards the other two boys.

"So?" I laugh at the excitement radiating off them without them even having to say anything. "Tell me!"

"You're looking at the newest Artists signed to Columbia Record." Luke says, tugging on the sides of his jacket playfully.

I laugh, looking over at Reggie who's practically bouncing on his seat in excitement.

"We signed the contract, it's official."

"I am extremely proud of you guys, you have no clue." I look at the three of them in pure admiration, knowing just how talented, but also how hard they worked to get here. "So, when's the album dropping?"

"If only it was that easy Tan." Alex laughs, making me roll my eyes at him playfully. "But we're gonna have a meeting soon to discuss all of that."

"We're going to officially have an album, our own EP." I turn to look at Reggie, seeing him completely zoned out in awe as he stares blankly in front of him.

The three of us burst out laughing, catching Reggie's attention as he shrugs shyly.

"You're adorable Reg." As soon as the words leave my mouth, the sound of fake coughing fills the air from besides me, making me roll my eyes playfully.

"You're cute too I guess."

"Hey." Luke pouts, jutting out his bottom lip as he folds his arms close  against his chest.

"You know I'm kidding. I think you're adorable." I smile, leaning closer to him to whisper into his ear so the others wouldn't hear. "I think hot might be the word to describe you better, but adorable works too."

"I don't know what you just whispered to Luke, but his eyes went wide so I'm not sure if I wanna know."