Chapter 11

Tw: start of detailed descriptions and mature scenes right at the end of the chapter.

Nothing extremely explicit at the moments

Tanna Carson

"Finally came to your senses eh?" I roll my eyes, turning back around playfully, wanting to tease him but I freeze in place.

"Tanna."

"Jesse?"

Luke snakes his arms around my waist, snapping me right out of my stare with Jesse as he pulls me right against his chest, not leaving a sliver of distance between us.

Luke stays still, his fingers digging lightly into my skin, showing that he clearly was not going to move them any time soon.

His fingers attaching themselves to me, seeing it as a way to assert himself in front of Jesse, recognizing exactly who he was.

"Oh, uh, Jess, this is Luke-"

"Her boyfriend." He cuts me off, not letting me finish introducing him myself.

I dig my nails into the palms of my hands, feeling the tension bounce off the two of them as they keep their stare on one another, not even gazing at me.

"Jesse." He nods his head at Luke out of common decency, if you would even call it that.

"I know who you are." Luke's sentences were short, his tone very abrupt, changing almost completely from the way he was talking to me a few minutes ago.

"I'm guessing Tan told you about me?" Jesse's gaze drops from Luke for a second, winking down at me before returning his gaze to Luke.

"Not much." I could feel how tense Luke was behind me and could sense his jealously without even needing to see him.

"I guess that's better than being told about how much you hurt her." Luke's grip tightened on my waist, knowing exactly what Jesse was referring to. "She did mention you were in some band, how's that going for you?"

Jesse's words cut Luke off, preventing him from responding to his previous comment.

"Considering we're signed to Columbia Records I'd say pretty good. What is it that you do again?"

I knew Luke was purposely trying to show Jesse that he knew nothing about him, emphasizing how little I had spoken to him about Jesse.

"I'm a baseball player. One of the top Pitcher's in Los Angeles."

The amount of testosterone in one conversation was overwhelming. Something I never experienced until now.

"Um, Jess, it was really nice seeing you again, but Luke and I are going to get going." Placing my one hand over Luke's on my waist, I squeeze it gently, trying to get him to loosen his grip.

"It was, I'll see you around Tan." He says flashing a smile at me. "Luke."

"Yeah, no you won't." My eyes widen slightly at Luke's blatant hostility, nudging him simultaneously, knowing he never usually acts like this.

"Don't think you're the one who gets to decide that mate." I bite down on my lip, wanting to just walk away and pull Luke along with me.

"Maybe you shouldn't try flirt with her, right in front of her boyfriend."

"Pretty sure you don't control her."