Chapter 9

Luke Patterson

"Sunset Curve is booked to play at The Forum next weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. We need you boys to promote as much as you all individually can, share pictures of the three of you in rehearsals, snippets of your music, concert footage and especially the information that Addison sends over later from the digital marketing team."

The three of us nod as we sit are on the couch in the recording studio, listening to our manger Daisy about our next gig.

This is all still insane to come to terms with. An official album release, a record label, us playing at The Forum.

"Okay, Reggie, you're up next, in you go." Alex and I hold our thumbs up in encouragement as Reggie walks into the recording booth, pulling the headphones over his ears as the producer gives him pointers here and there.

I reach for my phone as it vibrates, smiling as soon as I see her name pop up onto the screen.

Tanna
Patterson

Luke
Carson

Tanna
Is there any chance that you're free right now?

Luke
Just finishing up at the studio, will be done in a few minutes. everything okay?

Tanna
Great, I'm coming to fetch you

Luke
Definitely wouldn't stop you.

Tanna
Do you have a jacket?

Luke
Carson, it's 28°C, are you feeling okay?

Tanna
I'm going to take that as you don't.

Luke
Is there a reason to why I need a jacket in this heat?

Tanna
I'll be outside in around ten minutes. :)

Luke
Let me know and I'll come down.

I stare down at my phone, biting down on my bottom lip as I feel a smile break out on my face involuntarily.  

I am so incredibly gone.

"You speaking to Tan?" I turn my head away from my phone to look at Alex at the sound of his voice,

"How'd you know?"

"Oh, I don't know. It's just that you get this look on your face every time you talk to her. It's the same look you always have on your face when you look at her."

"Which is?"

"It's like her smile is the only thing that could possibly matter." 

"I mean, it's pretty close to being the only thing."

"Speaking as her best friend and not yours for a moment, she's really lucky to have you Luke."

"I think you messed the order of that up, it's definitely the other way around." As Alex is about to respond, my phone catches my attention and I immediately look down. "Tan's here, so I'm gonna run."

"Sorry what? Did you just say you're leaving?"

"I did." I stand up, sliding my phone into my back pocket after responding to her message.

"Luke, you know we're still busy right?"

"Al, its already six, Reggie just got into the booth and is probably still gonna be in there for a while."

"Okay, what if he finishes and they want to work with you?" I sigh, sitting back down next to him as I hear the anxiety in his voice.

"They can work with you then. We've been in the studio 24/7 and don't get me wrong, I love being here, but I also want to spend time with my girlfriend. I miss her, I'm sure you get what I mean, with Willie and all."

"Yeah yeah, I understand."

"Listen, I'll speak to Daisy and tell her I'm leaving. I won't just disappear yeah?" He nods slowly, visibly calming down at my words.

Tanna Carson

As I come to a stop in the parking lot, I can't help but grip the steering wheel tighter as my eyes flitter over the sign.

Columbia Records Recording Studio

I sigh softly, drumming my fingers on the wheel as I stare at the sign.

Explaining how happy I am for the boys would be close to impossible.

They are literally out here living their dream and any band would kill to be in there place, but I can't help but feel a small bit of jealousy at the thought of this all slowly taking my boys away from me.

Oh my god, listen to me. I'm jealous of a Record Label. Could I sound anymore pathetic?

I snap out of my thoughts, grabbing my phone from the inner console to send Luke a message.

Tanna
Here <3

Luke
On my way

After a while, I see Luke exit the studio doors, my eyes remain trained on him as he makes his way towards the car.

"Did you get lost on the way out?" I tease as Luke hops into the car, closing the door behind him.

"I was just talking to Alex, but you know, that was such a lovely way to greet your boyfriend after not seeing him all day." I laugh, playfully mimicking his words as I lean on the console, patting my lips gently with my pointer finger.

Without hesitation, he leads down, capturing my lips in his as he places his hand on the side of my face.

He pulls back, running his tongue over his lips as if he was savoring the taste.

"You were right, that was a much better way to greet you. Think we can try it one more time?" He chuckles deeply, his thumb brushing over the skin of my cheek as he leans closer.

"With pleasure." He connects our lips once again, torturously slowly but fueling every bit of love I have for him. "So baby, what are we up to tonight?"

"Date night." I smile widely, sitting back properly before turning on the car.

"Does that involve suffocating me with a jacket?"

"I mean, I didn't think you were into that sort of stuff but I guess if you wanted to tr-" Luke's hand covering my mouth cuts me off from speaking and I can't help but run my tongue along his hand.

"Tan, did you just lick me?" My words are muffled against his palm which only makes the two of us laugh. "You're so lucky I love you." He says, pulling a face of disgust as he wipes his hand against his jeans.

"Actually Patterson, you're lucky I love you."

"I know."