12 || Lightning Sky

-Amber's P.O.V-

After what happened we walked for what seemed like ages. Night had finally fallen so we had stopped and created a little wood fire and sat around it. Since i stupidly didn't bring a jacket and i was freezing i was the closest one to it. Aris walked over to the fire and threw wood so it would light on a bit more.

He then sat beside me and looked at the fire. "How you feeling?" asked Aris rubbing my arm. "Fine i guess" was all i said.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune" said Minho with a dagger in his hands. "Not all of us" said Teresa laying down beside Newt.

"Some of us don't have what it takes to be one" i said my knees pulled up on my chest and my head rested on them. "If Winston could get infected we should've seen so could the rest of us" said Newt serious.

"I never thought i say it...i miss the glade" said Frypan a tear rolling down his cheek.

"We all do...i guess things were easier than" i said my voice shaking a bit but manage to speak. I looked at Thomas who had watery eyes he looked at me and i gave him a really small smile. He just nodded in response, what could you expect one of your friends dying isn't something you should be happy of.

I looked down sadly but then Thomas stood up and sat beside me wrapping his arms around me seeing as i was shaking from the cold air.

°°°

The next morning we woke up and just kept on walking. Thomas right beside me like always and Aris behind me. I had my blanket over my head to cover me from the sun. I saw Minho take out his water bottle and went to drink but nothing came out. He clenched his jaw and threw the bottle.

I sighed and grabbed my bag taking out my bottle and handing it out to him. "No it's your" he said rejecting it but i insisted. "No go ahead, it looks like you need it more than me" i said and put it in his hands. He smiled and drank water taking every sip of it.

I turned to keep on walking. As i walked beside Thomas out hands brushed against each other. Then i felt his hand slip into him and intertwining our fingers. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks turning red. "You look cute when you blush" he said making me go even more red if possible.

°°°

I moved in my sleep uncomfortable since we were sitting on the floor. My only pillow was Thomas's arm which was under my head and the other wrapped around my waist. I opened my eyes slightly but as i did i see a little far away from the lights. I quickly raised my head up groaning. I turned around to Thomas and shake him.