13 || Jorge & Brenda

-Amber's P.O.V-

"You guys look like shit," rude. "Come on follow me" she said or more like stated.

'Yes. I know we don't look descent at all, but we just come from the desert! Obviously, we weren't going to smell like flowers'

She then turned around and walked back over to the door, but seeing as we weren't following she looked back. "Unless you wanna stay here with them?" she pointed at them.

We immediately started walking behind her really close to each other not wanting to be grabbed by any of the Cranks.

As I walked between them one looked at me. It didn't do anything at all, it just looked at me. I frowned and just as I thought it may not do anything, it jumped at me.

Thomas was quick to react and pulled me closer to him. I gulped seeing it tried to get to me but the chains sustained him. I don't know who this girl is, but I think I prefer to follow her than stay in there with the Cranks. The place was ruined but it was still in conditions to live in.

There were lanterns everywhere so they could have light. She opened the door and walked in to see more people than i expected. Some turned to see us and others ignored us.

"Who's Jorge?" asked Thomas.

"You'll see" she said.

'Wow, great answer'

"No one's come out of the scorch in a long time. You just got them curious and me too" she says as now everybody turned to us.

Thomas pulled me closer to his side. I tighten the hold in his hand and looked at me giving me a comforting smile then looking back upfront. We walked for about three minutes until we reached the stairs. The place had broken windows, firelight up in some places and the ceiling was torn in some areas. It was sad people have come to live like this, but I'm sure it couldn't have been like this before. I hope it wasn't.

"Jorge they're here" she said and a color-skinned man turned to us then back to the radio. "Shhh. Damn it" he curses.

"You ever get the feeling the whole worlds against you?" he questioned hands on hips and looking hopeless.

"All the time" i mumbled but some heard me.

"Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can i profit?" he asks like he was in some kind of dealer place. This guy kind of creeps me out.

We all stay silent not telling our information to someone we just met in a place full of men with guns in hands. For all, we know this could be a trick.