18 || One More Second

-3rd person's P.O.V-

Finally Amber was able to change into new clothes and warmer ones after a few days. She really didn't think she'd survive another night being cold to sleep. She always tried to cuddle with Aris but the guy would end up hugging himself instead of trying to warm each other by hugging her too while she hugged him.

Thomas even caught her once awake because of the cold and practically forced her to go beside him. It's not that she didn't want to, but she had already done it too many times it was a bit embarrassing, and didn't want to take away his sleep.

But for Thomas, he slept even better with her cuddled upon him.

"Back together around a fire, the four of us" Sonya told the Jones siblings who laughed with her. they were happy to be reunited just like in the Maze. Amber might've been in there for only a day, but still made very great friendships.

Rachel was missing though and she was also apart of their group but it seemed like she wasn't lucky enough. She and Aris had a connection but because of that none of them mentioned the girl's name. It would've crushed down their moods.

Harriett stared at Amber who kept looking back and forth at the tent. "Don't tell me it's Aris who is getting in between you and that kid to get together" she says making them both look at her surprised.

"Me?" the boy pointed to himself.

"Between who?" the girl asked.

Sonya and Harriett shared a look smirking. "Please it's obvious," the blonde girl says.

Amber blushed looking away and to the fire. "Very funny uh-huh" she rolls her eyes at them yet they knew that she liked it. It was obvious. As her eyes roamed back to the tent she saw Thomas get out and as his eyes wandered around he spotted her already looking over at him.

He was looking for her. Thomas motioned his head a little for her to come over and Amber breathed in deep and got up. She didn't even say she'd be back to the other. Both girls from Maze B giggled at her and Thomas while Aris just shrugged. He wasn't against his sister dating or liking the dude. He liked Thomas, he saved them from WICKED.

And he was just her brother, not someone who had the power to decided if they could be a thing or not.

As the breeze blew stronger because of the night coming closer, her hair moved all the places forcing her to take a hold of it to her side and be able to see where she was walking. Once she reached Thomas she looked up at him.

"So, how's Brenda?" she asked genuinely worried for the girl.

Thomas watched her blue eyes and nodded. "She's better, for now"

"For now?"

He nodded rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, they gave her a serum. It's not a cure, but it harvests the transition" Amber frowned feeling like it was unfair to have something like that instead of sharing it with those in the ruined city.

Surly Stephanie would've liked one and her family.

Amber didn't say that thought, she nodded her head and looked at the distance, and avoided the look on Thomas. She wasn't mad or anything she just didn't know what to say.

"I do regret it" she raised an eyebrow wondering what he meant.

"Regret what?" he felt like he needed to tell her and assure her he didn't agree with it now.

"What i did back at WICKED. I do-"

Amber cut him off. "Thomas," she took a step forward. "I know you do. You don't need to convince me" she says feeling her heart skip a beat when he decided to fully close their distance colliding their chests.

They weren't exactly around people, but more like behind a tent.

Thomas felt relieved hearing her say that. He didn't want to make her think of anything else that wasn't him of now. His hand raised to the side of her arm as she licked her bottom lips he couldn't help but stared at. Amber had unconsciously bitten them making it harder for him to look away.

"We should probably get back to the others..." she started to turn around but he stopped her grabbing both of her arms and making her look up at him.

"Wait..." Thomas trailed off looking at her bright blue eyes. Her cheeks started to get even redder the closer their faces got. His hand reached up to her cheek and creased the white skin of her and she leaned her head to the side. The more he moved forward the more nervous Amber got.

She did want to kiss him and it was obvious he wanted to kiss her too, but she was nervous. She didn't know if she knew how to kiss. She couldn't remember if she had kissed anybody before. It'd be embarrassing if she did it wrong. Her heart thumped so hard Thomas could feel it against his chest.

He couldn't help it any longer, he needed to kiss her now or he felt he'd never have another chance to do so. As their lips brushed against each other Amber felt herself go automatic and close her eyes as they brushed their noses too. His hands layover either side of her face while hers grabbed the hem of his jacket.

The feeling, the urge of wanting to feel each other's lips grew stronger by the second, yet both of them still didn't close the gap. They just needed one more second, one more second and they would finally kiss. They'd finally know what it was to kiss someone on the lips and feel each other.

One second that was ruined by sudden explosions.

(A/N) Hello peeps!!

OH DID THEY ALMOST KISS!!! Ugh, damn WICKED had to ruin it huh? Amber would so punch Janson for it and Thomas would kill him. I am so ready yet not ready for this book ends. What do you guys think it will be? They take or she stays?

Sorry for any misspellings :)

Remember to stay safe <3

Follow me on Instagram & TikTok: whorv06.wp

Comment what you think!