**I'm going back to Caroline's pov**

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

*Caroline's pov*

Erica walked home with me so we could continue our conversation.

"Benny knows about vampires. He's known me, Sarah and Rory for a while. He'd be ok with it, Caroline."

"You think so?"

"I know. Look, just because I would never date the nerd squad doesn't mean you can't."

"Nerd squad?"

"Benny, Ethan and Rory. They're geeks. But they can be helpful sometimes."

"Oh. Ok."

"Who are they?"

I looked at where Erica was pointing and saw my parents standing on the front porch, smiling and laughing.

"My parents."

"They're cute together. And no wonder you're so pretty. I mean, look at your mom. She's gorgeous."

"Thanks. And yeah. They are. They met in college. And they've been together basically since then."

"I wanted a love like that. You know, before this."

"I did too."

"It would have been perfect. A great husband who showers you with love and affection, 2 adorable children and a dog."

"You had it all planned out, didn't you?"

"Yeah. I did. And then the party happened. At first, I thought it was great. And yeah it's nice being hot now. But now my future plans will never happen."

My parents finally noticed me and Erica and waved.

"I know how you feel, Erica. But I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course. I'll help you resist biting Benny so you can accept that date."

"Great. See you tomorrow, Erica."

I left Erica and went up to my parents.

"Who was that, Care?"

"Erica? Just a girl from school. I think we're friends."

"That's wonderful, sweetheart. Why don't you invite her over Friday night?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Your father and I are going out. We haven't had a date night in so long. And we'd just feel better if you had a friend here."

"Ok. I'll ask her tomorrow."

My mom smiled and I went inside and up to my room.

Maybe with Erica's help, I could have a friend and a boyfriend.