*Caroline's pov*

Friday night, Erica came over.

"Hey, Erica. Come on in. You're early but it's cool."

"Hey, Caroline. Are you sure it's ok?"

"Yeah. My parents will be leaving soon so it's fine."

Erica came in and I closed the door. That's when my dad came downstairs.

"You must be Erica."

"Yeah. Hi."

Erica smiles politely and shakes my dad's hand.

"Dad, where's mom? I thought you guys had a date."

"She's finishing up. You know your mother. She can't decide which purse matches her dress."

"Erica and I will go help."

Erica and I run up to my parents' room to find my mom standing in her closet, staring at her infinite collection of purses.

"Mom? You're going to be late to your own date."

"I can't decide which purse to use."

"Maybe Erica and I can help."

Erica took one look at my mom's outfit and then glanced at the purses.

"This one. The dress has some bling already. Plus you're wearing jewelry. So the simple blue clutch works well."

Mom smiles and puts on her shoes. Then she looks in the mirror again.

"Do I look ok?"

"You look beautiful, mom. Now go. Dad's waiting."

Mom hurries downstairs and Erica and I follow.

"We'll probably be home late. So don't wait up. Erica, you're welcome to spend the night if you'd like."

"Mom, I know the rules. No boys, no crazy parties. Now go. We'll be fine. We'll probably order some pizza and watch a few movies."

"Alright. Then we'll see you in the morning."

My parents walk out the door and Erica immediately pulls her phone out.

"Wait. Who are you calling?"

"Sarah and the geek squad."

"What?"

"Chill. I'm sure Benny likes you. But it'll be less awkward for both of you if there's friends around. You'll be less tempted to bite him as well."

"Makes sense. But I'm not allowed to have boys over."

"It's just for an hour or two. They'll be gone by the time your parents get back."

"Alright. Fine."

Erica walks out to the hallway to call Sarah and I put on a movie in the living room then go to the kitchen to get some snacks.

Erica comes back a short time later and sits on the couch with me. We watch the movie until the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it."

I go to answer the door and see Sarah and the guys.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey, Caroline. Erica texted me this address and demanded I bring the guys. Is she here? Is everything ok?"

"Yeah she's here. Everything's fine. Just hanging out. Come in. Erica is in the living room."

Sarah comes in, followed by the guys.

"Hi, Caroline."

"Hi, Benny. I...uh....I hope you like horror movies. It's kind of all I watch."

"I like all kinds of movies."

Benny and I go to the living room, but he's dragged away by Sarah and Erica.

"What are you doing?"

"Shut up. We're not going to hurt you, idiot."

I didn't hear anything after that so I turned my attention to the movie.

Benny and the girls finally came back and Sarah pushed Benny down next to me.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah. I'm here with you."

"What?"

"Sorry. Was that too much?"

"No. It was sweet. I just......I can't date."

Erica pulls me into the kitchen and looks at me.

"What was that?"

"I panicked."

"Caroline."

"Ok. Fine. I wanted to....I wanted to bite him."

Erica went to say something but was cut off.

"Why do you want to bite me?"

"Benny, that's not what I-"

"I know you're a vampire, Caroline. I don't care about that. What bothers me is that the girl I'm crazy about would rather eat me than date me."

"That isn't true. Benny, I've been trying to help Caroline because she likes you too. She's just scared to be alone with you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Erica has been helping me."

"Oh. Cool."

"I don't know how to resist your blood or Ethan's. But yours more than his. There's something about yours. I don't know what it is."

"Ethan and I can do some experiments and figure it out. But only if you keep working with Erica."

"Deal."