Chapter 54|God(of Mischief) is a Woman

A warm spring breeze ruffled my hair as I stood on my rooftop garden. Don't you think you should learn how to fly? You've had your wings for three months now. Tourmaline jumped off the roof and did a quick circle around the garden. "Aren't you worried that if I learned I wouldn't need you anymore?" I responded.  Tourmaline landed, a puff of smoke curled out of her nostrils as she snorted. You need me for more reasons than that. For example, who else will do this?  "Do wha-" Before I could finish my question, a scaled tail knocked me off the roof. 

The spell making my wings tattoos broke reflexively. Iridescent green bloomed in the corners of my vision. Tourmaline swooped down and flapped her wings in an over-exaggerated manor. I adjusted my position mid-air and started rapidly flapping my wings. Tourmaline was gliding next to me, her large wings out spread and catching a wind current. I copied her, the wind current catching my wings.

With a powerful stroke of her wings, Tourmaline was climbing back higher into the sky. I resumed my flapping of the wings. Glee flared in my chest as my body steadily began to rise in the air. I was actually flying! Albeit, very poorly, but flying!

The muscles connected to my wings ached as I crawled onto the concrete roof of my home. I panted with exertion and flopped down on a nice patch of dirt underneath a fruit tree. I wasn't used to the feeling of overexertion, considering elves had enhanced stamina and muscles compared to humans. A small bit of smoke rose from where Tourmaline was holding a stick with her mouth. One end of it was burned, white ash decorating the tip. Day one of Flying Boot Camp was a success. Tourmaline was gingerly scratching in my sketchbook with the stick. Her penmanship was atrocious, as to be expected from a dragon without opposable thumbs. How many more days are there? I asked using my magic. I didn't particularly feel like using my voice. That entirely depends on how fast you learn. Tourmaline responded, tail patting me in the head.

I sighed and tramped down the stairs from the roof. The aroma of fresh chocolate-chip pancakes piqued my interest as I made my way to the kitchen for breakfast. In the kitchen was Clint making his signature pancakes, while wearing a frilly pink apron with "Kiss the Cook" embroidered on it. I lightly kicked him in the shins while grabbing a plate piled with the sugary breakfast food. "Ow! What was that for?" He pouted, bending down to rub his shin. "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it said 'Kick the Cook'. English is my second language." A shit-eating grin curled on my lips as I took my seat.

My eyes flicked over to the most beautiful woman I had ever seen walk into the kitchen. She had high cheekbones and a sharp jawline. Along with mischievous green eyes and flowing raven hair. Hugged around her curves was a simple green sundress trimmed with gold. Heat spread to my cheeks, and I was sure that they were bright crimson. The woman noticed me, causing my face to get even warmer, if possible. "Hello, Thistle." She knows my name... The woman's voice was deep and sultry, and had the same lilt to it that Loki's did. 

"Ah, I see today is a sister day, Loki." Thor boomed as he strolled into the kitchen. "Pancakes!" He clapped the woman on the shoulder before scooping a large pile of pancakes onto his plate. There was a choking noise as I noticed Tony for the first time today, who had choked on his coffee. "That's Loki?" He exclaimed. "Yes, my brother, or sister today, is gender-fluid. That's the human term, correct?" Thor explained. The extremely hot woman who I now knew was my boyfriend looked toward me. An expression of nonchalance was painted on her face, but I could see in their viridian eyes that they were looking for my approval. 

I stood up on the balls of my feet to kiss her. Even when Loki was a woman she was taller than me. The cool lips I had grown accustomed to were still the same, albeit fuller. "You look absolutely amazing, my love." A look of relief washed over Loki's features. "I love you, darling." "I love you too."

Our tender moment was ruined by Tony scoffing. "Stop being so mushy before I've finished my coffee." I glared at him, kissing Loki extra long and making a wet smooching noise just to spite him. Loki laughed, then took a seat to dig into her pancakes. She had the same large appetite as she did when male.