Chapter 6|Finding an Elf

Steve watched while Thistle left the tower. After getting over his shock, he ran after her. Except Thistle wasn't there. It was almost like she had disappeared into thin air. Steve went back up to the living floor. He called an emergency meeting. "This better be important Steve," Tony grumbled while pouring himself a cup of coffee. "Thistle ran away," he said sadly. Thor frowned. He had liked the female elf. "If we don't find her soon we could get in trouble with S.H.I.E.L.D," Natasha started. "Which none of us want." Clint finished. "During dinner, Reindeer Games said he could sense Thistle's magic. He could probably find her." Tony suggested. "I'll go wake him up. He's most likely to let me live." Thor sighed.

A few minutes later Thor reentered the room with a grumpy Loki in tow. "Loki, could you please cast some sort of tracking spell so we can find Thistle?" Steve asked politely. "I suppose so," Loki said. Loki summoned a book and flipped to through it. He vanished the book and green magic shimmered around his hands as he cast the spell. "Thistle is on an island near here," Loki reported. "We'll follow you, but if there are any tricks, we won't hesitate to bring you back here, lock you in a cell, and find Thistle on our own," Steve announced. "So I get to leave the tower?" Loki raised an eyebrow. "Yes, brother, but remember Steve's words." Thor threatened. With a shimmer of magic, Loki changed into his battle armor seeing the Avengers in their super suits.

The Avengers flew the quinjet to the island following Loki's directions. They landed in an open space. There was nothing but trees and the occasional bird. "Where is she?" Tony asked. "I'm not sure. Magical shields are masking her magical energy. I can get rid of them easily." Loki's magic shimmered and a tent and campfire materialized in front of them. Sleeping by the campfire was a dragon with glittering black scales. One of their wings was spread out. Thor stepped forward, swinging Mjonir. "I've killed dragons before." Clint also walked forward, stepping on a stick making a loud crunch. The dragon's eyes opened, revealing glowing purple eyes. The dragon rose up on all fours and released an ear-splitting roar. Under where the dragon's wing was Thistle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thistle

I woke up to Tourmaline roaring. The Avengers and Loki were standing by my camp. "Get away from the dragon!" Thor yelled. I crawled out from under Tourmaline's wing and took a fighting stance. "Nick Fury will be really mad when he finds out you left the tower. You have to come back." Clint said. "I'm not leaving Tourmaline!" I screamed. "Who?" Tony asked. Tourmaline stretched her consciousness to everyone. Natasha and Loki shivered at the contact. Me, Tourmaline clarified. "She talks!" Thor said in surprise. "I'm a dragon rider, and Tourmaline is my dragon," I explained.