Chapter 5

High Inquisitor, sacking, and dates?

Over the week many things have changed, and Harry feels more alone than ever. He keeps distancing himself from others almost as if it's a safety precaution for himself. 

Dolores Umbridge or as Fred and George like to call her, Umbitch, has been made High Inquisitor since 'things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared, in Umbitch's words herself. Umbridge had been sitting in every class and it was painful for Adeline to watch it, especially in Professor Trelawney's class Adeline couldn't help to wonder about the classes Umbridge had to teach herself and why she took her time to analyze others. 

But that's not all, Umbridge had taken it upon herself to make more rules or as she calls them 'Educational Decrees.' It was safe to say Adeline and many others weren't enjoying this term at Hogwarts. 

But what has been sparking Adeline's school is her study times with Theodore Nott himself. The two had kept bumping into each other at the library and just made it a thing to make time out of their day to study with each other.

Harry and Adeline were walking out of Potions late since Snape had been assigning Adeline and her only some work his NEWT students were doing to see if she was able to keep up and perform just as well and Harry decided to wait for her so she wouldn't have to walk alone also to talk and catch up with her. But as they were walking, they both saw many students, almost all from the school rushing to the courtyard. Harry and Adeline caught up to Cho to see if she knew. "Cho, what's going on?" Harry asked, ignoring the looks he was given.

"It's Professor Trelawney Harry, oh! Hello, Adeline hasn't talked to you in some time." Cho said, smiling at her. Cho and Adeline met in Adeline's first year, and Cho's second year, and have been good acquaintances but became friends when Cho started going out with Cedric last year.

"Yes, it's been ages, maybe soon!" Adeline smiled at her back and turned to smirk at Harry which made him blush but soon his attention was on Umbridge speaking.

"-thing you'd like to say, Minerva?"

"Oh! There are several things I'd like to say!" McGonagall snapped.

Just then the doors opened to show the Headmaster no one had seen since the beginning of the year feast, Professor Dumbledore himself.

"Professor McGonagall, can you escort Sybil back inside?" McGonagall was quick to take Professor Trelawney back inside. While Umbridge looked upset and started talking about her Educational Decrees until Dumbledore cut her off, "Yes but however you do not have the authority to banish them from the grounds, that remains within the power of the Headmaster."

"For now," Umbridge remarked back with a smirk. Dumbledore then walked off with Harry running off after him attempting to talk to him.

"Well, I have to go meet Theo in the library so I'll see you later. Oh! Hermione doesn't forget to talk to Harry about that thing we thought about his teaching, if he says no I will talk to him." Adeline whispered before walking off.

"Have fun on your study date!" Hermione smirked at Adeline.

"It's most certainly not a date! We're just studying." Adeline said looking around if anyone heard.

"If you say so but you come back all the time with a huge smile on your face." Adeline waved off and walked away from a laughing Hermione and went to the library.

~~~

Theodore and Adeline had been in the library for almost 3 hours, Adeline was helping Theodore with Charms, Potions, and Transfiguration, and in the last hour, Theodore had his nose in an Advanced Potions book helping Adeline write her essay.

"So you're doing all this and Snape isn't even counting it towards your grade? It's all just to see how well you understand NEWT Potions at an OWL level?"

"Yes, might do me some good you know," Adeline said as was finishing up her essay.

"Rubbish, Adeline we're learning it next year anyway."

"But then again that's if you pass your OWL Potions, Theo," Adeline smirked at him as she started to put her books in her bag.

"I take offense to that, I will pass with flying colors and what did I say about calling me, Theo." Theodore groaned as he started putting his books in his bag as well.

"Shut up you like it." Adeline started laughing which resulted in Theodore laughing.

"Doing anything in Hogsmeade this weekend?" Theodore asked shyly as they walked out of the library and to The Great Hall.

"I'm pretty sure I'm doing something with Ron, Harry, and Hermione but that will end around 12 or 1 maybe, why do you ask?" Adeline asked curiously.

"Well erm, do you um I don't know want to go with me? After you finish your thing of course!" Theo said scratching the back of his neck and looking down. Adeline stopped walking, this was the second time she'd been asked out where she considered it, of course, she was asked a bunch during the Yule Ball but settled with going with someone she knew, Dean Thomas.

"Me?" She said as she started to continue to walk again

"Yeah, I understand if you don't want-"

"No yeah wait erm sorry I mean yes I'll go or meet up with you in Hogsmeade, half past 12?" Adeline said looking up at Theodore with a smile.

"OH! Um yes, that's fine that's perfect actually!" Theo smiled as they approached The Great Hall. "It's a date then see you, Adeline!" Theodore walked off to the Slytherin table as Adeline approached her house table finding Hermione, Ron, and Harry with one thing on her mind.

Date. 

A/N

I KNOW IT SEEMS RUSHED BUT DON'T WORRY THERE WILL BE DRAMA COMING SOON