Chapter 32

Birthdays

As the weeks passed, Hogwarts seemed as if it was getting darker.

Of course with a dark wizard back it was the same everywhere.

But something was off.

Everyone noticed it but never said anything and tried to make the best of the worst.

Tried to make the light of the dark.

Theodore spent most of his time with Adeline but again that was if he wasn't with Draco in the ROR.

Adeline, like Theodore, had spent most of her time with him or with the usual group with now the edition of Sophia Miller.

Everyone had all of sudden changed what they did throughout their days and spent more time with friends and writing letters to their homes.

It was as if everyone knew that everything was going to go down after this year of Hogwarts.

Again, it was the calm before the storm.

A storm that only some predicted and only some knew how to get through.

But, no one knew how to get through.

Because no one and nowhere was safe for anyone.

~~~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Adeline groaned and pulled her covers over her head.

"Well, I don't think she wants to be woken up," Harry said.

"But it's her birthday and you only turn 17 once!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Does she want her bloody presents or not? I didn't wake up early on a Saturday for nothing." Ron said, yawning.

"Ronald!" Hermione scolded.

"I'm only saying! I'm tired and so is she!" Ron said.

"You know maybe we should let her sleep," Harry suggested.

"Well, I can't now with all your bickering!" Adeline exclaimed, pulling the covers off.

She was met with Harry, Hermione, and Ron all in their pajamas with presents in their hands.

"Oh, are you two talking now?" Adeline asked, looking at Hermione and Ron.

Harry laughed because Adeline was always blunt when she woke up and didn't care at times if she was being rude for being honest.

"Yes."

"No."

"Well, then good morning," Adeline said.

"Here you are," Harry said, handing her the gifts and the other two doing the same.

Adeline smiled and opened Harry's gift first.

As if it was their small tradition, Harry had gifted her of course muggle high-top converse but the green ones and a silver bracelet with a little charm of a thestral to represent her Patronus.

Ron gifted her chocolate and some earrings with her birthstone.

Hermione as always had gifted her some muggle books and a moving picture of the two from their first year.

"Erm, mom and dad didn't know what to get you so they sent over money in a pouch so you could buy anything you want," Harry said, handing over the pouch of money.

"And this one is from Cedric and Allison," Hermione said, handing her a bag.

Adeline smiled and opened the bag, and they gave her muggle clothes. It consisted of small tank tops, dresses, a couple of pants and another gift were at the bottom of the bag with a card on top of it.