Chapter 18

OWLS and Sirius?

"Diggory stay after class," Snape called out from his desk as he was grading essays and making side comments when he graded anyone from Gryffindor. Adeline groaned and banged her head against the desk.

"You know if you keep on doing that, you might get a concussion," Harry said from beside her as he started to gather his things.

"Snape honestly scares me but then again I'm the only one he tolerates from Gryffindor," Adeline smirked as she stood up gathering her things as well.

"I'll wait for you, Ron's going off with Hermione," Harry said.

"No it's alright, I have to go to the library anyway, and remember Cedric wants to talk to you about his date," Adeline said.

"Ahhh well now that you reminded me I can't go take a nap, well I'll see you later," Harry said walking off.

"We're studying later," Adeline called out, Harry turned to glare at her then walked out and Adeline chuckled to herself before she walked up to Snape's desk.

"You're not taking your OWLS," Snape said still grading essays.

"For potions?" Adeline asked, frowning.

"Yes because you already excel in NEWT Potions so I talked it over with Professor McGonagall and the Minister and they agreed that you will pass OWLS Potions with an O. That will be your overall grade and it will say that as well when you get your results." Snape said.

"Well um, thank you, Professor," Adeline said with a smile and was very excited.

"Don't help Potter or Weasley study either, I don't want them in my class next year," Snape said, looking at Adeline.

"Wouldn't dream of it but thank you, Professor." Snape gave her a nod and Adeline walked out once she closed the door she jumped up excitedly.

"What's got you so happy?" Theodore asked as he moved from his place on the wall. Adeline smiled and Theodore returned and ran to hug him. She wrapped her arms around Theodore's neck and he quickly returned the embrace by wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I don't have to take OWLS Potions since I excel in it and am doing well with the work from NEWT Potions so Snape is going to give an O on my results for OWLS!" Adeline said as she pulled away with a huge smile but still had her arms wrapped around Theodore's neck.

"Really?" Theodore asked, shocked. Adeline nodded then let out a squeal as Theodore picked her up and spun her around. "That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" Theodore said as he put her back down on the floor.

"Why don't we go study for a little bit at the Black Lake?" Adeline asked and Theodore nodded, the two then walked off.

~~~

It was the final day of OWLS and Adeline was very excited, she was glad she didn't have any problems in any exams. She was currently in her History of Magic exam with the rest of the fifth-year Gryffindor and Slytherin. 

Adeline sat closer to the front since it was in alphabetical order and her friends were farther in the back. All was going well until someone had fallen out of their seat. Adeline turned and noticed it was Harry, she was about to get out of her seat when the Professor spoke up.

"Stay in your seats unless you want a T on your results!" The professor made their way over to Harry and he then walked out of the class. "Carry on with your exam."

Adeline only had 3 more to go so she hurried and answered them. She then made an excuse to go see what had happened with Harry but the professor had forbidden her from leaving. Adeline huffed in her seat and had to wait until everyone was finished to see Harry.