25th ♕

25th

"I can't do it anymore!" I said, collapsing on the wooden floor. I elevated my legs and placed my heels on a chair. "My legs are dead tired."

"One more before we call it a night, Georgiette. Stop mopping the floor. I can't believe you're even doing that. Get up and we'll do it one more time," Bridge said, as if that were easy. She didn't show any signs of exhaustion.

Taking a deep breath, I forced myself and dusted the ballgown she made me wear. "Okay, just a little more. This will all come to an end."

"You are aware that you'll be doing that all day tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah," I said, nodding. "I'm fully informed that everything we've been doing for this past week is for tomorrow."

"The big day, what else?" said Bridge, throwing me a quick smile. Then turning to Jack, she added, "Jack, please."

Jack offered a hand to me. "Princess?"

"This looks so easy when they do it in movies."

"If it is of any help, stop thinking that this is a dance lesson. Talk about something else. You'll get even more tired if you keep thinking about it," Bridge coached me. She also corrected my slumped posture.

I straightened my back and kept it that way, with all the energy I had left. Taking Bridge's advice, I asked Jack, "Did you like my present? How is she?"

"She's a wonderful companion, Princess. My mother likes her as much as I do. She keeps an eye on her when I'm on duty," Jack answered.

"The kitten you slipped into your bag the other day?" Bridge asked. She was carefully observing if I actually learned something in the dance lesson we'd been having every night.

"I wanted to surprise Jack on his birthday," I told her.

"I was surprised to see a kitten in your bag, Princess. Especially when I thought your bag had been compromised and it was a matter of national security," Jack went on.

"Good thing Cat meowed while I was in the dressing room," I laughed.

"You named the kitten Cat?" Bride asked, disbelievingly.

"My dog's name is Dog," I informed her. "He's the one who will move here to the palace after the coronation. The same one you have approved of."

"When the coronation is over. We've got so many things to do right now," she answered. "Smile. Even when you're talking, keep a smile on your face."

"I'm trying," I said between clenched teeth.

"Whatever method you use, just as long as it looks like you are smiling," Bridge said, opening her planner and writing something on it. "When we're done, take a rest and look pleasant tomorrow morning."

I glanced at Jack's watch. "It's only seven."

"You would need an ample amount of time to sleep, Princess," Jack told me.

"Sleep sounds nice."

Someone knocked on the door, and we all turned around. After a while, a girl stepped inside the ballroom. It was Love, who saw what she had interrupted and hurriedly said, "I'm sorry. They told me you were done with your practice."

"Unfortunately not," I replied. We didn't get the chance to talk after my suspension had been lifted. I still had to thank her for what she did, despite the current status of our own relationship.

"Maybe I'll just come back some other time," Love said, looking apologetic.

"There's no need for that. We'll be done in ten minutes. You can stay," Bridge said to her.