7th ♕

7th

The first royal visit happened when the prince would officially meet the chosen princess-in-training. He would go to the girl's house and formally introduce himself to her family. It usually occurred five days after the final interview. But this time, it was scheduled after twelve days.

When the Royal Spokesperson had been interviewed, he said that it had come to their knowing that one of the contestants had been injured, so they had decided to postpone the royal visit. It only added fuel to all those speculations that I had been chosen.

Apology to everyone who had placed their bet against me.

But like other people, I wasn't supposed to be sitting here and only waiting for the magical knock to come around. It was the first time Triavia was going to know who had been chosen. It was supposed to be a surprise. There should be that so-called anticipation.

Art: Meet you tomorrow. Be there at around seven in the morning.

That was his text message last night.

After accidentally hearing the news when I was at the infirmary, Art had decided that we should be acquainted as early as then. He had gotten hold of my number while we were waiting for Pete to pick me up, saying that I should text him when I got home, so that he wouldn't worry. It was such a smooth move, but I also knowingly gave in to it.

"What are we supposed to do again?" Mom no. 2 asked, pacing back and forth our living/dining room.

"Act surprised. That's the only plan." I kept my eyes on the door, but I didn't dare go near it. The reporters swarmed outside; they even started camping out in the streets as early as last night. Whenever they got the chance, they would snap pictures of me. Sometimes, those pictures would appear on the news. Realizing it, I asked Mom no. 2, "Did Mom, the other one, call? Did she hear about this in the news?"

"Not yet."

"Did Dad?"

Mom no. 2 shook her head.

I let out a sigh of relief. I was thankful that my authentic parents were currently out there somewhere far away from the daily news. I wished that the twins would be naughtier and keep Mom no. 1 and Roger occupied. As a former theater actress, before she had become a real estate agent, I was afraid that Mom no. 1 would use this opportunity to make a comeback. I knew her too well to know that she was that type of person.

And her sudden appearance would be a complete disaster. Not when I had ended up hiding the fact that my family tree was a little bit complicated. There were two trunks. Lots of branches.

Suddenly hearing cheers from afar, I stood up and got ready. "Any minute now. If that's not the prince, I'm going to turn on the TV to know where on this planet is he."

Mom no. 2 adjuster her hair bun. "I'm nervous."

"Chill. It's not like they would barge in the door without knocking," I said. The loud cheers were sure enough indication that the prince of Triavia was outside in our street.

"I'll be right behind you," Mom no. 2 said as I was holding the knob.

Upon the second knock, I placed a hand on my chest. Taking a deep breath, I said, "Here goes I don't know."

When I opened the door, the cheers nearly deafened both of my ears, and I was only able to clearly hear a few of what they were saying. The rest was just noise.

"Hooray for Her Highness!"

"You go, George!"

"Make us proud!"