10th ♕

10th

"George, are you really not going to get out of your room?" I heard Dad call outside, knocking on my door. "Don't you even get hungry?"

"No! I'm fine. Really. I'm here, so we're okay with the seeing thing, right?" I asked, raising my voice for him to hear beyond the closed door. I pulled out another bar of chocolate and ate it. The chocolate bars were courtesy of the latest talk show host where we'd been interviewed.

"You're impossible," Dad commented.

Another knock.

"I'm normal. I just need some me time," I said, Pete's old laptop. He had heard about what had happened—my dad was back; I went to an impromptu camping with Art, woke up late, and ended up getting scolded this morning; realized that I was up to a royal dinner this evening and had no proper means of communication with my secretary, which he still found amusing; and sincerely wished that I wouldn't mess up everything.

And I connected to our neighbor's wifi.

glasssneakers: dad's really mad. how's the b'day?

arthurlukechat: Good. Better if you are here. But you are coming later, no?

"What me time?" Dad asked, oblivious.

"It's a girl thing, Dad. You can search it up online it if you want," I told him.

glasssneakers: of course. i'll come even if i need to make my dad drink sleeping pills

arthurlukechat: I applaud the effort, George.

glasssneakers: you'll see. three more hours. but i got to go now, bridge is telling me to do the walk. my room is no less than ten steps wide, so I don't know how and still need to figure that out.

Another message with a different username popped up.

BridgeKingsburry: I'm waiting for you to do that walk for ten minutes now. Do you or do you not want to mess up your entrance?

glasssneakers: chill, bridge. I'm ready.

BridgeKingsburry: Turn on the camera. Just look at what I'm doing for your sake. I'm still not convinced that your father actually grounded you because you had 'spent the night' with Prince Arthur of Triavia.

glasssneakers: can't help it

BridgeKingsburry: Why did you two decide to do an impromptu camping again? I haven't got a proper explanation until now.

glasssneakers: errrrr

BridgeKingsburry: Tell me.

glasssneakers: well, errrrr i felt bad that there were no plans about his birthday cause of prince william and princess elaine's baby announcement

BridgeKingsburry: I see. Well, there is one now. The preparations got a bit delayed because of the sudden news.

BridgeKingsburry: How did Art react?

glasssneakers: he cried a lot... haha nah, he was fine. he looked a bit off. but he was also excited about the baby

BridgeKingsburry: Well, that's that. Let's get back to your dad. If this is the case, how will you move in today?

glasssneakers: im still in the middle of figuring that one out. how i'm going to move over there

It would definitely be sleeping pills.