Piano Man

{A Vanya x Male Reader}

Kind of requested by starchild_42069, i know you didnt have a plot so i hope youll like this one georgie!

btw assuming that someone reading this is a female reader, you could change the pro-nouns if you want

p.s. the song will make sense soon, just keep reading and play the song while your reading

Context: Vanya is 20-something (i guess, idk) and is veryyyyyyyyyyyyy insecure about herself and the way she acts around others, as well as hating conflict

Vanya's POV

The practice room was crowded again. 

"Crap." I mutter to myself.

I hated these kind of rooms, strangers piled in the same stuffy room was a suffocating feeling for someone as short as me. 

"Please disappear." I whisper to myself, maneuvering around people.

I noticed that a group of people around my age were in the corner where I usually sat at. And there he was, Y/N Y/L/N, a fairly attractive man goofing off with his friends.

I bet he doesn't even have a talent and is just here because his father bought his way in.

"Class! Sit down! Find your seats!" The instructor announced. 

Because the annoying group of troublemakers took my seat, I was forced to sit in front. I hated sitting here. It always felt like someone was watching me and I have to be 100% perfect because if I mess up, everyone would see.

"Everyone, please welcome Y/N Y/L/N, he's our newest student and his parents donated some money to this program for instruction!" The instructor stated.

"I knew it." I said under my breath.

"Thanks, Mr. Carmichael." I heard Y/N say.

"Come up here and play! I heard you could play the piano!" Mr. Carmichael said, acknowledging a grand piano that stood in the front of the class.

"No thanks, I'm good." Y/N replied.

"He can't play." I muttered to myself.

I absolutely loathed the people who had special privileges because they're parents were something special.

Suddenly, everyone started urging the guy to play.

He trudged down the steps and as he was doing so, I noticed he was nervous. I could feel a smug smile creep on my face when I saw his hands shaking as it crept over the piano keys. 

Y/N closed his eyes and started playing Despacito.

"Is he really?" I heard someone ask.

"Yup." Someone else replied.

Y/N played the last few notes of the chorus and I raised an eyebrow as everyone clapped.

Maybe he was good.

~ 45 minutes later ~

Practice was finally over and I was putting my violin back in my case when he walked up to me. 

"Hey, I heard you playing the violin and I was wondering if you could teach me a little..." Y/N said.

"And why would I do that?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's just, my parents always forced me to do the piano and I'd rather play the violin." He replied, putting his hands in his pockets.

"How come they don't want you to play violin?" 

"Apparently, it's too 'girly'. Like that matters." Y/N rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'll teach you then." I replied.

"Really?" He gasped.

"Yeah." I said before giving him the address to my apartment and the times he could come over.

My schedule was already semi-busy because I teach others how to play the violin, but what's another one?

~ 3 months later - Y/N have been practicing violin with Vanya without his parents knowing and yeah (im lazy, didnt wanna write much, sorry not sorry)~

"That was great!" I told Y/N after he had finished playing Despacito on the violin.

What is up with that boy and Despacito.

Y/N's POV

I was really nervous. After spending so much time with Vanya, I felt like I had a bonding with her. Now, I'm starting to crush on her a little bit.

I remember she once told me that she could speak multiple languages, so I decided to ask her out. In Russian. 

"Я люблю тебя Ваня" I blurted out one day.

Immediately, it got her attention. 

"You do?" She asked.

I nodded, feeling the heat rise up to my face.

"Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit." I muttered under my breath, looking down at my shoes.

"I like you, too, Y/N." She said.

--

--

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii yea thats it

in case you didnt know, the russian words were "i love you, vanya"

yea 

i love you too vanya

and you guys

thx for reading

p.s. i hate life :)