A Letter to the World

-------

Context: Emma Portner doesn't exist at all in Elliot's life (no disrespect to her ofc) as she usually doesn't in my imagines and stuff. Elliot came out as trans to you, but not yet to the world so now he's working on that beautiful letter 

------

"Y/N, I dunno what to do..." He said to himself.

Elliot was alone in his apartment, hunched over a desk working on a very important note. Every few seconds, they'd sit up and check the time or their phone for any messages. As his pencil chimed when it hit the glass desktop, Elliot pondered over what to write.

He knew that he had to put how he felt being trans. How it impacted their life. Their relationships with others.

"But, how are you supposed to write it?" He asked themselves out loud as the door opened.

Elliot's girlfriend and best friend had just came home from work to check up on them.

"How's the letter going?" Y/N asked, before leaning over Elliot's chair to give them a small kiss on the cheek.

He shrugged and watched Y/N open the blinds, letting light into the room.

"Why don't you give little Mo a walk, then?" Y/N suggested as she walked over to the little puppy who had just woken up from a nap.

As Y/N scratched behind the little puppy's ears, Elliot watched her adoringly. 

"I should, shouldn't I?" They asked.

"Yeah, Mo hasn't been out in like... days, Eli." She sighed, knowing full well Elliot had taken Mo out a few hours ago.

Elliot rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair, staring up at the ceiling. They then felt arms wrap around his neck and Y/N's hair on their cheek. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, massaging Y/N's hands that were dangling beside him.

"Loving you." She said before kissing Elliot on the cheek once again and picking the white puppy off the ground and saying to it, "And taking you for a walk."

Y/N then left, still carrying Mo in her arms, leaving Elliot alone in the apartment once more. Suddenly, it clicked.

Lead hit paper and after careful editing and word choice, he transferred it to his notes on his phone, then screenshotting it to upload to Twitter and Instagram.

"Hi friends," It started. "I want to share with you that I'm trans and my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot..."