Prompt 2: The Mirror People

"Prompt:
Write about what happens inside or behind a mirror after you walk away from it."

After the day is done and everyone goes home, the mirror people anxiously await the return of their master. Well, the mirror people, you see, are a breed all their own. They are all different colours, the happier ones in a cheerful pastel, and the sadder ones in a deep blue or purple. They take the shape of a raindrop, almost like a little giddy penguin, about the size of your thumb, and have big, round eyes that express every type of feeling. Everybody has at least one mirror person, as long as they have a mirror. When you're away, they giggle and play behind the mirror in Mirror Land, their one true home. There are lots of fun things to do in Mirror Land, from ice skating on the crystal clear lakes to playing with the snow that always falls. The mirror people love cold weather, so that's why they live in a winter biome. Well, I'm sure that in the tropics, the mirror people have beaches and oceans instead of snow and ice, but they're happy either way.

On the weekends, the mirror people love to bake cookies and sit around a fire, eating them with one another. Gingerbread cookies topped with candies, sugar cookies frosted with red and green, hot cocoa and eggnog for days... Christmas is their favourite holiday, and with such a cold, wintery biome, they can celebrate it all the time, nonstop. They wrap up in their wintery knits; big fluffy scarves, soft, warm hats with pompoms adorning the tops of their heads, fuzzy little mittens... though it's always freezing in Mirror Land, they don't care.Their favourite thing about Mirror Land is being with one another. The mirror people are one big happy family, spreading cheer all around.

But when you're around, everything stops. They put the cookies away. They turn off the holly jolly Christmas music. They hide in their cabins and igloos. They do everything to stay quiet, because they know that if they don't move, humans cannot see them. But as soon as the human's back is turned, Mirror Land is a bustling, busy place once again.