Prompt 3: Show some emotion

"Prompt:
Take a sentence like "she was happy", "he was angry", "he cried", etc. and turn it into something worth reading."

She was happy.
When Betty was told over the phone that she was accepted for a job interview, she couldn't contain herself. Her lips curled up into an uncontrollable grin. Her heart began to race. Butterflies attacked her insides, dying to come out. She felt like a ray of sunshine, cheerful as could be. Today was her day!

The dog was hungry.
As soon as the German Shepherd heard her owner return to the house, her ears sprang up, followed by her body. Mommy was home! Mommy was home! She raced out into the kitchen to greet her adoptive mother, wagging her tail and smacking the marble island in the kitchen. She hadn't seen her since... um... well, that didn't matter. As she was greeting her owner, though, the dog stopped. Her stomach began to grumble, and she knew what time it was. She made her way over to her empty food dish and tapped it with her nose, signalling what needed to be done.

He was tired.
Nothing James did that morning could help him feel energised. He drank coffee. Took a shower. Even watched the news. His eyelids drooped, he couldn't stop yawning. Nothing was going well for him today. It was then he realised he probably should have gotten more than two hours of sleep.