Chapter 1

♡:]♡

𝑄𝑢𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑃𝑂𝑉

"Quackityyyyyyyy." Karl whines, tugging on my arm. I'm trying to finish the rest of my paperwork, but my fiancé's are making that hard for me. Sapnap is currently making as much noise as he can making dinner, and Karl is being needy. I pick up my arm, not taking my eyes off the paper. Karl scoots to my side, leaning on my chest. I put my arm around him, cuddling the taller man. Sapnap finally finishes with his food, and drops it in front of me. Tamales. His speciality. Karl quickly gets up, and stands by Sapnap, shock in his eyes. 

"Q-Quackity?" Karl whispers. I look at my hand, which holds a pen, and notice it's shaking. I didn't even realize. I quickly try and stop myself from shaking, and after a bit, I do. 

"Sorry..." I say, picking up the fork. Karl sits next to me, watching as I eat the surprisingly spicy food. "What did you put in here, Sap?" I try and change the subject, but to no avail. 

"I put a bit of Nether spices. Quacks, why did you start shaking." Another nickname. One he used when he was trying to be gentle with me. He acted as if I would break at the slightest touch. He seems to have been right. Broken after his death. Never knew I needed him that bad. 

"Tamales is your favorite food, I thought. You've told us before. We wanted to give you a little treat, given how stressed you have been lately." Karl says kindly. When I was stressed, Schlatt was next to breaking. He did most of my paperwork before I stopped him. When we were stressed, it would be a movie night. Cuddles and snacks, sitting on the couch in a blanket, head kisses, and falling asleep together. Sap and Karl only know of the bad stuff, as does everyone else in the server. I like keeping the good things that happened to myself. Makes me feel closer to my late husband. 

"You know who else knew?" Sap and Karl shake their heads. "Schlatt. He was damn good at making it too." Their eyes widen. They haven't heard me say his name since his death, and I probably have never heard me talk good about him before.

"Schlatt cooked?" Sapnap questions. I nod, smiling slightly. 

"He would sing when he did. His voice was soft and low..." I trail off. Sapnap and Karl look at me in disbelief. 

"You act as if he was nice! Quacks, you've told us what he did to you." I roll my eyes. They're ignorant. Think he was always a bad guy. Every bad guy has an origin story, don't they? In his case, bad childhood. In Wilbur's case, neglectful father. Everyone breaks for a reason. 

"He was nice. Sometimes, at least." Sapnap's disbelief turn to anger. 

"When was he nice? Never! He was a terrible father and a terrible husband!" This sets me off. I stand up quickly and walk towards Sapnap. He towers over me, given I'm 5'8 and he's 6'0. I punch him in the stomach, which catches him by surprise. 

"Never talk like that about him. Never around me, never around Karl, never around anyone." Sapnap's human form starts to fade, turning him into his true blaze form. I snarl back at him. Karl stands up and walks to the other side of the room, not wanting to get into anymore of our fights. I'm about to lunge at Sapnap, when the doorbell rings. Sapnap quickly turns back into a human, and I roll my eyes. "Coward." I say, before opening the door. George stands there, and from what I can tell, he heard the whole conversation. He gives me a questioning look, so I roll my eyes, shoot him a middle finger, and walk out.

♡:]♡