five

five; BLUE

Harry had just turned five when Daisy began to notice signs of magic occurring around him and it had been quite easy to cover up at first but when her sister had given him the absolute worst haircut of all time and all of it had regrown in a singl...

Harry had just turned five when Daisy began to notice signs of magic occurring around him and it had been quite easy to cover up at first but when her sister had given him the absolute worst haircut of all time and all of it had regrown in a single night, magic could be the only explanation.

Daisy was quite quick to cover up some mishaps but with Vernon searching for signs of his nephew's magic at every turn, it was near impossible and incidents often slipped through that Daisy either couldn't find a good enough explanation to or she wasn't around for.

It also worried her because she had been told by Lily that magic often began to be seen in children around the ages of seven and eight, unless they were quite powerful and Harry was five which concerned Daisy to no end because she didn't know how to help him control it and she certainly couldn't tell him why all this weirdness occurred around in.

Not without somehow risking Vernon finding out exactly what she had done.

Reluctantly, she had to give brother-in-law credit. He was exceptionally persistent in his quest for normalcy in his life and the same went for her sister whose relationship with Daisy grew more and more strained with each day that Petunia did nothing when Vernon punished Harry or grounded Daisy for defending him.

Daisy wasn't sure what to do about anything related to Harry's magic and the only living magical person she knew, Emmeline Vance, hadn't responded to a single one of the many, many letters that Daisy had sent her pleading for her help with her magical nephew.

In fact, Daisy hadn't received a single letter since November 1981 when she had given her the details of Lily and James' funeral and Daisy found herself quite bitter and resentful because she didn't have magic. She was desperate to help her nephew but she didn't understand the world he had been born into, it didn't matter that she had known about it since she was baby and her only magical connection hadn't responded to any of her many letters.

It was September 10th, a little over a week after the school year had begun and Daisy had been home after her class had been released early when the phone rang, the person on the other end was from Harry and Dudley's school and looking for someone to come in about an incident regarding Harry. Daisy had never been more thankful that she was the only person home and that she was listed as an emergency pick up and could attend meetings with his teachers because Vernon didn't care enough to do it himself.

So, there she sat, in a too small chair across from a woman who she knew that neither Harry nor Dudley liked very much, struggling not to laugh at the mop of blue curls atop the woman's head while her nephews sat at a table behind her, one concentrating on his drawing and the other looking worried as he stared at the front of the room while his teacher raved about what had happened while she had been berating Harry.

"I'm sorry." Daisy finally cut in when Mrs Thatcher paused to take a breath, her beady eyes narrowing what she deemed to be a sign of disrespect, "Are you trying to tell me that while you were berating my nephew for 'needing to use the bathroom', your hair turned blue and that is somehow Harry's fault?"